What to do for dinner...

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
when none of your children eat it?
My dd1&3 will eat a bit of turkey, and pigs in blankets (only the sausage) and dd3 might have a little tiby bit of roast potato.

dd2 wont eat any of it.

I love a full Christmas dinner, but don't fancy making one for just me! I don't want to not have one, though!

I don't really want to go anywhere else for dinner either!

What should I do?

I tend to make what I eat and if dd doesn't eat it then so be it to be honest. I love a Christmas dinner - I treat it the same as all dinners and just dish it up to dd. she is funny with meat (except sausages) and will eat stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and some veg.

personally I would just dish it up and let them eat what they want to, otherwise you'll end up eating either something you gave every day or making 4 different dinners.

I know mums work differently though, someone else might have another suggestion :)

you could always do a roast as a buffet and let the children choose what they want from it?

xx

I agree with LCD. I would just make what you would normally and they can eat or not. I've gotten so tired of catering to my ds and have started doing this. I figure he will eat when he's hungry.

Would they eat say sausage and mash? Or something similar. Then just do the extra bits for yourself.

If they wont eat any of it at all though I'd be inclined to do something else. I mean Xmas dinner takes a lit of cooking. I would be pissed if I spent hours cooking to bin it all

Ive done mine a variation on xmas before. With pasta or sausage and mash as above x

I would do what you want. If they don't eat it they can eat lots of chocs etc ha ha. They'll be happy either way!

I'm very relaxed about it.

My DS1 is autistic and has sensory issues so won't eat a lot of things. Last year he tried a yorkshire pudding and had turkey dinosaurs.

My DD, however, will eat anything so she isn't an issue.

This year I am not bothering with meat as none of us care much for it anyway, me, DH and DD will have potatoes with veg and gravy (tiny bit for DD) and DS1 will probably have his usual dinosaurs :rofl:

I'm not too fussed about them eating ' real food ' on Christmas day. And if they are hungry later I'll make them a sandwich or whatever. I try to include things everyone likes though. Its there something that dd2 likes that you can just throw in? My Ds3 is a pain for what he will eat so I have to do that for practically every meal as I refuse to cook different dinners. I'll definitely do peas and sweet corn because I know they will get eaten, extra pigs because he probably won't eat the other meat and he'll probably eat a pile of Yorkshire puddings

They all like yorkshire puddings, thats about it lol.
I forgot that I could ask my sister to have dinner here, she lives alone and usually goes elsewhere. I'm sure she would enjoy coming here this year. Failing that, I could just ask my mum to bring a plate round for me! (I'm not going to hers for dinner as the girls are too much, especially when all excited and the house isn't really big enough)

They are the worst, most stubborn eaters ever, its so frustrating!

That sounds like a good idea to all your sister. It'll be nice for you to have some conversation over dinner too

Thomas has never eaten a Christmas dinner. I still make it as me and Sean love it! All the trimmings too. I make Thomas up a plate but he won't eat it so he has his usual sandwich/cheese/yogurt. We keep trying every year :thumbup:

If they eat some of it then I say do it especially if you have company. but keep it simple so you don't spend ages cooking and that leftovers are useful. E.G.just do a turkey crown or buy a prepared joint from m & s.

I'll just make dinner as normal.and DD will just eat what she wants which will probably be a little turkey, Yorkshires and Gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->