what to do for Valentines Day?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
Hey Ladies.. Just wondering if any of you had any plans for Valentines Day.. I'm kind of drawing a blank on any ideas :wacko: It will be a normal day for us with the kids, but I want to do something to make it special.

My local grocery store will cut steak in heart shapes, like last year I bought one for my husband and I, it was two halves of a heart shape put together to form a whole heart but each half represented each other. Then for the kids, I made a heart shaped homemade pizza and laid the pepperoni onto the pizza in a heart shape and spelled out love with black olives. Then of course the candy and teddy bears.

It was pretty cool grilling a heart shaped steak. The kids loveeeeed eating a heart shaped pizza made just for them.

We're the same in that we have kids, so it's harder to spend the day doing solely romantic stuff. We are dropping our kids off with a babysitter for about 4 hours that night. DH plans to make me a romantic dinner by candlelight, and I'm hitting up this amazing French bistro earlier in the day to get some decadent chocolate dessert to split. Then later I'm surprising him with some homemade chocolate-dipped strawberries, lingerie, and a naughty "adult" board game.:blush:

Basically saving all the romantic stuff for the night when the kids are out of our hair!

I'm working two home health shifts but in between and when I get home I think we will just relax. Maybe go out to lunch and have it be a cheat day for me snack wise. A normal piece of cake! My numbers have been good enough that I think I can manage. lol. It's our last valentines day kidless so we will play it by ear.

My husband and I will be eating out without our 2 year old. We've only done that once before.

I so wish we could be kidless for our last Valentine's day before peanut arrives, but we have Dh daughter that weekend instead. I'm pretty disappointed but am not going to say anything to him about it. I'm sure it'll just be a normal weekend for us with nnothing special. (Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->