what to do - help me decide

Shri

Reaction score
My dilemma is about dopplers. I'm having a worrying time because I really feel so much better now (ms has all but gone really) and yet it is still to early to feel any definite movements (not that I haven't been concentrating hard everyday).

So - I'm worried. I've had two losses in the past and while that lends itself to extra anxiety, I also feel 'what will be will be'. Any way I am trying to decide whether to get a doppler or not. Part of me thinks it will be reassuring if I can find an HB but most of me thinks it might just worry me more - not just because if I can't find the HB I will panic, but because I researched a lot about heart rates after my first loss, and so now I know just finding a heart rate alone will not completely reassure me, especially if I notice any tachycardia etc.

However, because I live in the US and all my medical care is basically managed by the insurance company, any extra visits other than the norm or what the doctor feels necessary are really expensive. I could probably buy a doppler for less than what two visits would cost me in co-payments and certainly for less than a scan. So for that reason I wonder if it might be worth getting a doppler because then if i DID feel something was needing to be checked out - I could tell the doctor and get the approval for a visit.???

As you can probably tell I've got myself in a right headspace about this. I don't really want to be 'playing at being my own doctor' but I'm finding it hard to get through the weeks between appointments.
:dohh:

any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Blimey!!!!!!

Well i've got a doppler and i find it very reasssuring, i've found the heartbeat every time from about 11 weeks, but am not able to analysise the rate of heartbeat like you might. I just use it to reassure me every so often maybe once a week if that. I def recommend one.xx

A lot of other people on here recommend AngelSounds - you can get it off ebay for around $25-30 plus shipping. If you feel it will give you any peace of mind then I'd say it's well worth it. Just makes sure you check the specs for the one you buy - some only claim to find the hb from 3rd tri on, some claim from 12 weeks on.

I got mine recently, but don't actually use it for peace of mind. I do enjoy hearing baby move around and stuff. I couldn't decide whether to get one or not and just thought sod it. It's the best thing ever!!

I have had 2 previous m/c and have found my doppler to be wonderfully reassuring. Once you get the knack of finding the heartbeat its great, I have a lazy baby so using the doppler really puts my mind at rest if he/she is having a lazy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->