What to do next?

flyinghighxx

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to this website and just like to say hi and if anyone could give me any advice really?
I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and we have never tried(or thought we have tried for a baby) as 10 years ago he was dianosed with Tes Cancer so had his sperm frozen and we always thought we couldnt conceive naturally and would need to go through IVF if and when we wanted kids. As you do when you grow up i have become more and more broody and we had discussed staring the procedures of ivf and he went to his clinic to get analysed again and in sooooooooooooooooooo much shock his results have come back good and he is able to have kids natually I am over the moon about this as always thought this would never be and always worried about running out of his sperm etc etc! I am in complete shock, elated words can not describe but being 8 years together me being on and off pill, depo the fact that i have never fallen pregnant then begins to worry me. I know you can only fall pregant a few days of the month etc but to not in 8years.....prob 4 of these i have been on contraception other 4 nothing at all. Not sure what to do next really I dont want to go back on pill as this takes time to come out of your body when you do want to fall pregant, is there tests i can go for to see if there is something wrong with me? Sorry to waffle on my emotions are running wild at the mo x not wanting to become pregnant tomorrow as would like to get more finances behind me but would like to in next year or so........
Thanks all x

Well first of all thats brilliant news about his sperm!! So congrats to the both of you about that:flower:

When you say you were on contraception for about four years, and off for four years... was that all in one block or say on the pill for a year, then a break, then more contraception, then off...?

The reason I ask is cos I know that hormonal contraception can mess up your cycles etc, so while you were off the contraception you may not have been able to conceive for months at a time, so this might bring the time frame for possible baby-making down by quite a lot.

I'm not sure in terms of what tests you can have. I would image a doctor would want to know first of all if you are ovulating, and how regular your cycles are etc etc. Have you tried charting? That way you would know if you are ovulating, and go from there?

I'm sure the other ladies will have more info about tests and stuff, but thats just my two cents :thumbup:

Hi Alex _85 thanks so much for replying! I hadnt of yet starting charting because i thought we were not not able to conceive naturally. but of course after 8 years i would of thought to have fallen pregant more than once :cry: you are the the first person to reply so id wish you the best of luck in whatever you are dealing with right now. I love this forum already coz there are sooo many people in so many different situations and you feel you are not on your own! That makes such a difference! I will be getting more tests soon so will be on here for sure with results and also let me know bout u always interested bout you guys. thanks again alex_85 xx :winkwink::winkwink:

There's lots of contraception which isnt hormone based you could try for a year. That way you could start charting and when you do start trying you'll be more aware of your own body.

Maybe make an appointment with your GP and discuss what's been happening and different contraception methods and see what they say?

The pill really messes your cycles up so I wouldn't worry until you've spoken to your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->