What to do when DH gets discouraged?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by mammag, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

My poor hubby, this whole not getting pregnant thing is starting to take it's tole on him. He was telling me last night how much he wants a baby and I just don't know what to say to him? All the dreaded, 'it will happen in time' or 'just relax we will get it' lines are something I want to avoid, but I want to cheer him up about it too. Usually I'M the one who needs consoling and now that it's him I have no idea what to say! :cry:

2. USAFKnineWife

USAFKnineWife Well-Known Member

Girl...I don't have any advice for you as I haven't had this issue yet. I am sorry that you guys are dealing with it though. Hopefully someone else will have some encouraging words for you.

3. Ginag88

Ginag88 First Time Mommy WTT#2

Totally having the same issue! Its to the point that I dont even want to test with his knowledge or talk about TTC because I'm scared to get his hopes up. Every time he gets down though I start the age old distracting argument "I think the baby's name should be..." and slowly move it to another topic some how. I make sue I do this just when I know he may possibly be gettin sad any minute so I block those thoughts right away.

4. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

That's a good idea! The old distraction method, works on my 3 year old so will certainly work on him!! :haha:

5. Ginag88

Ginag88 First Time Mommy WTT#2

lol :winkwink: babies and men, sometimes I cant tell the difference lol Good Luck!:dust:

6. wantanerd

wantanerd Well-Known Member

I think distraction is a good idea!

7. TeddyBearPug

TeddyBearPug Well-Known Member

:hugs:its a good thing that you are not both down about the ttc thing. that would be even harder if you both were depressed! My DH gets that way at times and i try to tell him how great it will be when it actually happens. It will be 10x better than what we can even imagine! its good to know that they care just as much as we do though.

8. bellahoney

bellahoney Expecting a boy!

I totally understand! I'm going through this right now. I cried before and he just came and gave me a big hug. It helped