What to do

briashxo

Reaction score
One of my close friends is having a wedding July 27th and has invited myself and my husband... I'm due August 4th and just concerned about RSVPing. I don't want to say yes and then for any bizarre reason go into labor early or just be completely miserable at that point anyhow. But I'd feel bad saying no all together and then feel fine that day.

What would you do!

i would rsvp but explain we can't guarantee anything due to baby on the way. but they way they know you really want to come and aren't blowing it off.

I think it would depend how far away it was. Like my cousin is having a family get together as she's back from the states for a couple of weeks. But it's a 5-6hr drive away about a week before I'm due so I definitely won't be going and she understands why!
If it would involve being away overnight or a long drive then I probably wouldn't. Simply because I'd rather be at home in my own comfort zone at that stage I think.

It's pretty close maybe an hour drive but I just thought of another concern I don't know if my husband will be here to go with me or not either. He's in the military, so would you go alone even if you felt fine?

If it was only an hour or so away and I felt fine then I would probably go :) just make sure everything is ready to go back at home just in case, like hospital bags, notes etc so if something did happen it wouldn't be such a massive panic :)

Id rsvp, and then if you cant go for any various reason, explain to her why. Im sure shed understand at this point! [[not sure Id feel comfy going an hour away, with my husband a few days before my due date though!]]

Im probably in the minority here, but I would not go that close to my due date. especially alone. I just think its too risky. you'll be 39 weeks! she will understand

Yeah, it can kinda go either way. Tbh, you are so uncomfortable at 39 wks, I don't know if you would really enjoy yourself. I see you mean well and want to be there for her. But at 39 wks EVERYTHING hurts and new pains and problems sprout up daily like dandelions! Maybe that's just my pregnancies, but just saying I don't think I would go.

I would RSVP. I went to an outdoor music festival 9 days before my due date with my first. Other than wanting to sit the whole time, I had a blast! With or without your husband, I think you'll have a great time. :)

Id rsvp... I think shed understand if anything happened and you couldnt be there.

Yeah I'm thinking the best way to go would say I'll make my best attempts to be there, unless the plate per person is a crazy amount then I wouldn't want to have her pay for nothing! Thank you all for the input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->