What to expect at 7+6 UK NHS scan

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I had a scan a couple of weeks ago at just 5 weeks to rule out an ectopic and because I was only 5 weeks they've asked me to come back next week for another scan so they can see the heartbeat etc which I wasn't expecting.

As this is not a routine scan I was just wondering if anyone had experience as to whether they let you see the screen, get a photo etc?? I'm sure every hospital is different but would be nice to have some idea.
We got a slight glimpse at 5 week scan and that's it so will it be the same this time or as there's more to see they will show us more?

Will they measure baby etc?? I didn't expect another scan at all so am unsure as to whether they will just see a HB and that's it or if they will treat it like a proper scan?

Also, anyone had a scan at this point before? Did bubs look like a baby???

Hi Little Mum :) I was in the same position as you with my last pregnancy. I had a scan a 5 weeks because they thought the pregnancy was ectopic. I had a scan through the vagina with both my 5 weeks and 7 week scan. On my 7 week scan I saw the baby’s heart beat and they said the baby looked healthy (like a little blob) because this was more of a medical scan I wasn’t allowed to buy pictures this is more for the 12 weeks scan :)

Hi Little Mum :) I was in the same position as you with my last pregnancy. I had a scan a 5 weeks because they thought the pregnancy was ectopic. I had a scan through the vagina with both my 5 weeks and 7 week scan. On my 7 week scan I saw the baby’s heart beat and they said the baby looked healthy (like a little blob) because this was more of a medical scan I wasn’t allowed to buy pictures this is more for the 12 weeks scan :)

I thought that might be the case but was so hoping we would get a pic as would like to send a copy to close family and friends for Xmas to announce as dont actually turn 12 weeks til NYE so won't get a scan til the new year I doubt

Hi. We had a scan at 7 and a half weeks in my last pregnancy. Same situation. Scan at 5 & 6 week to rule out ectopic. Scan at 7.5 weeks to check viability. Scan was done on abdomen, we were shown the screen and heartbeat, they measured bubs for a rough guide (hence the 7 and a half weeks, rather than exact days) and we were given a pic. I'll post a copy when I go upstairs. Not much to see in way of baby shape but very clear and much bigger than baby at 6ish weeks this time.

Hi,

I've had to have weekly scans due to recurrent miscarriage's and I've attached my scan at 6w+5d for you to see, the scan's not very clear but it basically was just a blob but you could clearing see the heartbeat. I didn't manage to get in for another scan for 10 days and the next one baby had jumped by 3 days so that one is more of a baby "shape".

I was allowed the pic as you could pay £2 for a photo, the lovely nurse gave it to me for free though, as she's looked after me through all my other miscarriages. Oh and the remaining scans were done via the recurrent miscarriage unit, not EPU as I guess they don't have the time or resources to do them that often.

All the scans have been very quick, just measuring baby, sac and checking for a heartbeat but I've been allowed to see the screen after all the checks have been done in all the scans.

I'll attached both my 6w+5d and 8w+3d (should have been 8w) scans for you to have a look at.

Good luck, keep us posted xxx

Attachments

• Baby 6w5d0000.jpg
    Baby 6w5d0000.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Baby 8w 3d0000.jpg
    Baby 8w 3d0000.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
I had a scan and was dated 6 and a half weeks. I saw the heartbeat. We were lucky enough to be given a photo for free
Xxx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=703335&stc=1&d=1385576955

Here we go. My Daughter at 7 and a half weeks. Hope it doesn't come out on it's side!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Grrrrr, it's on it's side!! Why does that happen with mobile uploads. Frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->