What to expect at first prenatal visit?

Mini_Me23

Reaction score
Im a little nervous this is my first, and I better get rid of my fear of needles fast!:dohh:

blood work, lots and lots of blood work. They may give you prenatal vitamin samples, and educate you on what feelings are normal and what isnt, as well as what foods and drinks to avoid. Its a pretty simple appointment.

great thank you! I wonder if i should take the pre natals that i bought?

I just had my first today and they went over a lot of paperwork, the do's and don'ts along with the different types of genetic testing you can do. Normally they would also do the pap, but I did mine two weeks ago so I didn't have to have it done today. Then after I met with the midwife and talked about my previous pregnancies. All very simple and easy. :)

I have my first app with doc tomorrow it's my 2nd pregnancy nd boy do I remember all the blood tests and paper work and the doc telling me the dos and fonts whilst pregnant, I'm exited tho as I get to find out again that I'm pregnant lool xx

Thank you all for the info! Soonest appt I could get was Dec.2nd :wacko: Oh well. So...Paperwork, Pap smears, And blood tests! YAY. Not so excited about them blood tests.:nope:

I have to go to a lab in the morning to do the bloods. Ugh. Some of it even requires fasting. Goody. :growlmad:

I have a fear of needles too. I was open and honest with my midwife about it and she was very accommodating. Since I first saw her when I was 9 weeks and everything was fine with the baby and I, she put off blood work until my next visit...which was at 14 weeks. I have the paperwork now...still working up the courage to go get it done. Haha. She also didn't do my pap smear until my second visit. I am RH Negative, so I will have to get all of those injections, too. But, being honest and open with my midwife helped. She is limiting blood tests and needles to the bare minimum by timing the tests so she can test for multiple things with only one poke. :thumbup:

My first appointment consisted of a dating scan (non-invasive on tummy), listening to the heartbeat (non-invasive on tummy), and going over medical history and any questions the father and I had.

Also - I started taking prenatal vitamins the day after I found out I was pregnant. The baby grows a lot of vital organs very early on and I wanted to make sure it had what it needed. I'm 15 weeks and everything is going great.

Best Wishes! :flower:

Maybe i should schedule a visit soon, i was too nervious the first time so got to see my doctor early.

Wow Persedis that's really cool of her maybe I will have the same luck? Doubtful but I can try. Best wishes to you as well glad everything is going smoothly for you:flower:

At each of my first prenatal visits I was asked about by family and medical history (I also had to fill out a lot of paper work). I was weighed, had my blood pressure taken, a pap smear done, and my blood taken. I was given prenatal vitamins as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->