what to expect internal scan 5+3 updated please read

3boys

Reaction score
hey guys my doctor is sending me for a scan tomorrow because of cramps etc and i was just wondering if any of you had one at the same stage? do you know whats the most i can hope for? I know i wont see a heartbeat. thanks

Hi,

I had a scan last week and they estimated that I was 5 weeks, all that was seen was a sac and yok. Went again this week and there was a fetal pole, estimated at 5-6 weeks

We saw the gestational sac and yolk.... I'll look for my piccy for you :) x

hey hunni i had mine today at 5 + 3 and my pic is on my blog have a peek if you like all they could see was my egg and yolk sack but it was all looking good after tummy pain and a night in hospital.

keeping my fx'd for you :flower: let me know how you get on

xxx

i had my scan 2day 5 weeks 3d and i saw a sac :) xxx

I had a scan at 5+3 and I didn't really see anything about but I did see a wee flicker which i was told by the doctor was a heartbeat! But I was really lucky to have witnessed that so early on! :)

thanks girls, im so nervous! i know i wont see much and they will probably bring me back next week to confirm heartbeat but i just hope i see more than i did when i had mc.

just back from hospital and all she seen was a 6.1mm gestational sac and a 9mm haematoma, they took my bloods but they have nothing to compare them to so i have to go back next friday, does this sound normal?

hey im not to sure whats a heamo....?? is if they saw sac thats brill least u know everything in the rihght place ... and on track....when i went yesterday 5w3d i saw a sack and they told me that was normal for this stage and i go bk at 8 weeks but nervous as havent made it that far so praying i will this time :) and see babs and heart beat

i cant spell it properly but a haematoma is a small sack filled with blood. I am sure this pregnancy will go well for you! x x

I agree - to see a sac is good news. This early even an internal ultrasound is not always reliable - my EPAU have a policy of not scanning until 7 weeks for this reason. If you haven't had significant bleeding the best thing to do is hold out for a couple weeks and see what a scan shows. Not an easy thing to cope with though, believe me I know.
Fingers crossed for you x

i cant spell it properly but a haematoma is a small sack filled with blood. I am sure this pregnancy will go well for you! x x

oh i hope it wont cause any problems for you...sorry i have never heard of this before... other than that it all sounds great really happy for u :) :flower: xx

A sack sounds perfect for 5+3! Are you going back for another one?

yes hun, next friday, im more worried about the sac of blood.

Good luck 3boys, i heard of a few girls who had this sack of blood who said it was normal, as it gets reabsorbed or gets shed as spotting, shouldnt be a lot. x

i just read online that when a sac of blood is seen your chances of mc are 50-50 so i think this is gonna be a very tough week! x x

what did the doc say when they saw it?? remember, google is a very dangerous place, as anyone can put info on there...xx

:( never heard of the sac of blood, did they say what may have caused it?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->