"What to expect when you're expecting to expect"

Babyfever812

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I have been stalking this site for a few days and figured I'll never get my questions answered if I don't ask. :)

Just a little background...This is our first month of NTNP but we're only trying for a few months so I really hope it happens like yesterday! ;) I think I'll have about a 37 day cycle this month but could be wrong due to recent irregular periods. My questions for you are... Does anyone have tricks? Does laying on your back really help? And (tmi sorry) but what about the stuff that "leaks out after"?
Does that mean time didn't stick? Oh sorry one more question! Does BDing every day lower our chances?

If you can even answer like one of my questions, I will be very greatful!!!!! Thank you!

The answer to #1 is... no one really knows! Some people say it helps because it keeps the semen around the opening of the cervix for longer but it hasn't been proven. That kind of ties in with #2 because I've asked this question before! What leaks out after sex is just the fluid part of the man's ejaculate... it's job is to deposit the sperm at the entrance to the cervix, it never gets further than that. And #3, well most people say that BDing every other day is best because every day can lower the amount of sperm that get's released. Men need a day or so to replenish their stocks :p But as people always say, it's not the quantity but the quality as only 1 little swimmer will make it to the finish line anyway :)

no idea about the correct answers but i can tell you what i did when i got pregnant:

i lay on my back/legs in air etc to keep everything in as long as possible

i did it every day because i thought that way i maximised my chances of the sperm being there at the right time. i think if hubby/partner has a low sperm count then every other day is thought to be better

good luck!

What the pps have already said but I've also heard to avoid going for a wee straight after bd x

And #3, well most people say that BDing every other day is best because every day can lower the amount of sperm that get's released. Men need a day or so to replenish their stocks :p But as people always say, it's not the quantity but the quality as only 1 little swimmer will make it to the finish line anyway :)

So I actually asked my doctor about this and she said that it is a rumor made worse by the internet. She said frequent, daily if possible, ejaculation is healthy. It means the sperm waits less time for ejaculation therefore less likely to receive any harmful heat or otherwise damage. A sperm regeneration cycle is about 75 days but it is a daily thing. She said that means a healthy man makes new healthy sperm every day. But every 75 days there is a complete overhaul. So it takes 75 days to get rid of damaged sperm.

Hi ladies! I have been stalking this site for a few days and figured I'll never get my questions answered if I don't ask. :)

Just a little background...This is our first month of NTNP but we're only trying for a few months so I really hope it happens like yesterday! ;) I think I'll have about a 37 day cycle this month but could be wrong due to recent irregular periods. My questions for you are... Does anyone have tricks? Does laying on your back really help? And (tmi sorry) but what about the stuff that "leaks out after"?
Does that mean time didn't stick? Oh sorry one more question! Does BDing every day lower our chances?

If you can even answer like one of my questions, I will be very greatful!!!!! Thank you!

For a few tricks...prenatals and folic acid while trying.Pillow under butt as well and putting a bed pad under your butt (on top of the pillow) before dtd (to keep the stuff that leaks out from going too far). The stuff that leaks out is risdual stuff (meaning if you end up pregnant atleast 1 spermy got there lol). As for the what to expect when expecting (the book drives people nuts with worry and stuff so just focus on what information you can get from OB/MW/ or this website). And when in the female body spermies can live 3-5 days. So all depends on how much you wanna dtd.

TTC can be stressful enough without worrying about whether you're doing everything 'right'. Just do what you always do and don't overthink it. I didn't do the legs in the air or waiting to pee after sex thing (though I probably didn't get up to go to the bathroom for 5-10 minutes after), because I don't do that when we aren't TTC. We got pregnant the 2nd cycle, so it didn't make much difference for me. Same thing with regular sex. If you enjoy it, do it when you want to, and don't stress about whether it's every day or every other day or whatever. I think doing what makes you happy and keeps things normal is the best way to approach things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->