What to get 3 year old who loves books??

oliv

Reaction score
DD will be 4 in February but loves story books. We joined the library and she is just itching to be able to read by herself. I read to her every night and she is trying to follow the words with me.

Would you recommend one of the interactive reading books like leapfrog?

My kids have always loved books since they were tiny, and although we have my pal scout and an interactive Disney reader thing, my kids have never really used them for reading as they would rather we all just read together. Scout is good though we've had him 2 years and he's still going strong xx

I have a 4 year old bookworm (can't read yet but absolutely loves reading stories together). We bought the leap start last Christmas and I can honestly say he's not bothered by it. For the past 6 months or so we've been working through the Roald Dahl stories, and this Christmas I've got him a selection of my favourite childhood books that we can read through together.

Maybe some nice copies of children's classics or your favourites?

My LO was exactly the same as yours at that age (still is!) and we do a 'book advent'.

Buy 24 books and wrap them up individually and give them to her on the 1st of December. Open one each day as a countdown to Christmas.

I bought new and used books to keep the cost down, a mixture of Christmas themed and normal stories.

She absolutely loves it!

My LO was exactly the same as yours at that age (still is!) and we do a 'book advent'.

Buy 24 books and wrap them up individually and give them to her on the 1st of December. Open one each day as a countdown to Christmas.

I bought new and used books to keep the cost down, a mixture of Christmas themed and normal stories.

She absolutely loves it!

I just thought of this earlier and wrote it on my idea list

If you wanted to start teaching her sounds so she can begin to read the reading schemes do tend to do books even at very basic levels but I know for some people that's very different to just enjoying books together

My dd loves books and we are making her a "reading corner" for her birthday. We are using Ikea picture rails to put books on, getting a bean bag and a wall mounted light with a canopy over the top. We would do one of those wigwams but she's scared of them!

If they love books then I'd keep it book themed before going for technology, there's so much technology these days and I think it's lovely that something as simple as a book can capture their imagination.

The book advent is a fantastic idea! My daughter already has way too many though (we got a lot as hand me downs from her cousins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->