What to introduce first

M

MrsRabbit

DD is 16 months old with a host of allergies - she started solids at 8 months but she had to go back off them in October. We started apple sauce in December because she went 9 days on 12oz of formula a day. Giving her apple sauce made her more willing to accept the formula [EleCare - Elemental formula].

DD is currently allergic to milk[human, cow,goat], soy, eggs, nuts\tree nuts, shellfish\white fish, oat, carrot, pineapple.

This is what she was up to before she began pooping blood again

Butternut squash
acorn squash
apple
pear
peach
blueberry
rice [brown rice cooked and ground for cereal]
wheat [ Healthy Times wheat teething biscuits]
zucchini
sweet potato

She tolerated banana but didn't like it

Her GI told me one new food every 2 weeks but it can be prepared different ways like roasted or steamed, mashed or chunks.

She eats chunks of raw apple no problem. She has 10 teeth.

I was thinking Butternut squash but really not given much else to go by.:shrug: My Aunt thinks rice\wheat is a bad idea and to avoid them and get her back on the fruits\veggies first.

What would you do?

Oh any recipes would be great - I have to make all her food myself thanks to her allergies.

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

That's a great website for recipes and info on making your own baby food. I'm assuming she's been allergy tested and that the food you listed are the only ones that came up positive? I would stay away from the wheat in case she has gluten issues. Squash and sweet potato both seem like good foods to try again. Also, what about avocado? I know it wasn't on your list, but it's a good first food that my daughter's pediatrician recommended. Clara had a milk protein intolerance that she's thankfully quickly outgrown (but boy did I miss cheese for the few months I couldn't eat any dairy), but that's nothing compared to what you're dealing with. Good luck and I hope she doesn't have anymore new food issues this time around. Bloody poop is a scary scary thing to encounter I know (I was in tears on the phone with a nurse when Clara had that the first time).

Thanks. :)

I was thinking squash since I have 1 already so that will be perfect.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. :)

She was not as excited about the squash. She was however more excited for the apples after the squash. It seems to work I can get a mid afternoon meal around 4p and not mess up any of her bottles. We also went to a birthday party yesterday and she got to eat chunks of apple and be involved. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->