What to pack for a birth center birth?

navywife86

Reaction score
So there are tons of threads about what to pack for a hospital birth and what to do for a home birth but what should you pack for a birth center birth?

I am hoping for an unmedicated waterbirth and exclusivly breastfeeding they tend to send you home within 6-8 hours after birth

forgot to add this is a free standing birth center not a hospital one

My MW gave me a list. You may ask if your center has one. It include thinks like comfy clothes for labor, slippers, socks, 3+ pairs of panties, babies clothes, diapers, wipes, car seat, receiving blankets, camera, food (including a meal for after labor), drinks, towels cut up into 6X6, and I'm sure some things I'm forgetting.

same stuff i would pack as you nevr know what will happen.....

You won't need too much. Ask the birthing center what they recommend you bring. You don't want to pack nothing, but you don't want to be stuck without something you might really want and need... Definitely a duffle bag of stuff just in case, but as far as what to put in it??? Snacks to keep energy up in labor, some comfy clothes, baby blanket, baby outfit, diapers if they aren't provided, and whatever else you feel will make you comfortable....

OH camera!!!! Don't forget the camera and batteries and charger--that would be a bummer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->