What to wear in the pool?

Rydia

1 Boy & 1 Girl
Reaction score
I am assuming that I cannot or will not want to go into a birthing pool naked so what do I wear? Maternity swimsuits that I have seen are £20 and I hate to spend that on something that I might not even use (with my first LO I got to the hospital too late to even ask about a pool and although I plan to get there earlier this time who knows if that will happen) so any ideas? Maybe I could squeeze into a cheap non maternity top? If so where should Iget one?

Why wouldnt you be allowed to be nekkid?

I had already been in the bath so was nekkid when I got into the pool, no body batted an eye lid.

I wouldnt bother with a costume or anything if you dont want to be naked pop a t-shirt/vest or a bikini top on.

Ditto, just a small tankini top or even bra for me, it won't be a maternity one. It's going to be hot when you're due aswell so the less clothing the better probably, especially nothing thats going to get cold and heavy as it gets wet. :)

of course you can go in naked if you want to, I'm a student mw and have looked after quite a few labouring women in the pool and some have chosen to be naked others have worn a bra or vest, I wouldn't bother going to any extra expense of a bikini top.
I'm planning a home waterbirth and will just go with the flow, however I feel more comfortable on the day :)

I'm just going to take an old vest and a bikini top, and will wear whatever I fancy when the time comes. XX

I jumped in naked! I couldn't care less at that point. I'd been labouring overnight so had been wearing an oversized nightshirt. In between contractions I practically ran downstairs throwing it off before jumping straight in. I did 'apologise' to my sister and said that she had to excuse any wobbly bits! It was quite funny really.

However you feel comfortable will be absolutely fine. x

I was going to wear a bikini top (just a normal non-maternity one) but then I forgot to pack it. I would have gone in naked, don't think the mw would have cared but I had a male student mw which made me feel a bit weird so I kept my bra on. Slightly strange trying to preserve my dignity though since I had no knickers on!!

Ditto what the others said! I'm not sure how you'd give birth in a maternity swim suit!! :lol:

I can't imagine being too coy to go naked, but I think I'll wear a bikini top as my boobs have grown so big and bouncy that I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be without one! :lol:

I'll be going in with a bikini top and have an old dressing goiwn to wear for getting out.

Question though? DH is coming into the pool with me this time to deliver te baby and I'm wondering what he ought to wear. If I'm lucky it'll somethiing nice and tight. I could use something good to look at through the pain! ;)

I hope I have the chance to do te pool again. It made my last birth so uniquely special.

:lol I might try to get my OH to go nekkid - I'm sure the look on the midwives faces when they see him with his willy out will make me laugh, producing endorphins and making for a more comfortable birth!!

:lol I might try to get my OH to go nekkid - I'm sure the look on the midwives faces when they see him with his willy out will make me laugh, producing endorphins and making for a more comfortable birth!!

Full frontal nudity in the interests of patient care- I like it :)

i'm taking my bikini top although i think i'm a bit bigger up top than my hol this time last year, and i got two spagetti strap vests a few sizes too big so they cover me but wont float about i may take it off once i get in though.

and i've got a light dressing gown for getting out, so if it gets wet it'll dry quickly :)

Full frontal nudity in the interests of patient care- I like it :)

Haha the midwife wont know where to look! My hubby loves to be naked, wouldn't phase him in the slightest but if I was half naked too I'd be worried he'd get a little excited!

x

That is kind of funny to be worrying about what to wear when we have a kid, but until the time comes, we do feel like we need our dignity. Of course, dignity is a far distant idea when your actually in labor and delivering. I think I would try to wear a tank top or a sports bra though. I don't know why. Even though your underwear is scarce and all the other obvious stuff, it can feel like you need to preserve what you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->