what to wear to an interview?

Carlyp1990

Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡
Reaction score
hi ladies :flower:

well i have a job interview on friday and since i havent work for almost 2 years and was pregnant when i last worked i have NOTHING to wear :(

the job is an admin job in a funeral home so i need something smart.

im a size 12 and about 5'4'' and have little boobs :haha:

help me please (im on a tight budget aswell as will probably have to use my bill money to get something) xxx

At best, a smart suit, but if you're on a very tight budget then a smart shirt and trousers will be fine. Make sure your hair and make up is neat and tidy and clean your shoes... I notice shoes first when interviewing people. Think about where your interview is - a funeral home is likely to prioritise a polished and discreet look so I'd go for a bog standard white shirt, black trousers (or black skirt and tights) and black shoes.

The most important thing is how you carry yourself - be confident, look your interviewer in the eye (but not all the time in a creepy way!) and a good firm handshake is a plus point.

Take your time with your answers, smile and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

The very best of luck!

Completely agree with the above.
I'd try Asda for your clothes since your on a tight budget, shame its on friday, as the Next sale is on saturday

Good luck :thumbup:

Do you live near a primark? They do some lovely black shift dresses that look nice with a blouse. Cheap as chips too :)

Good luck with your interview :flower:

I agree with above about Primark.
That's where I get most my work clothes from. They do some lovely dresses, as well as trousers/shirts/blouses/jackets etc
xx

I wear a black trouser suit if it's somewhere I have to dress particularly smart, or black pants with a matching waistcoat and a blouse if it's warm out. Hair up and shiny shoes :thumbup:
Are you on benefits at all? You might be able to get money towards your interview clothes.

i dont think ill have time to get to the nearest primark unfortunately but we have a next clearance outlet near here so ill pop and have a look tomorrow, aswell as asda and peacocks i think... thanks ladies :flower: xxx

new look do cheap suits and can get lovely short sleeve shirts for £8... i got a few of these when i was working and wore one for my university interview... good luck!

well i got some pants in the sale at asda for £8 and a plain white shirt for £4 :) i had a blazer in my wardrobe that ive had for years so i put that on aswell.

i think it went well (well i hope so) so fingers crossed :) xx

i find out next week so ill update then :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"