what to wear?

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
hi, i'm 30 weeks and thinking about a waterbirth, in hospital, for the birth of my first baby. i'm also planning what to pack in my labour bag and was wondering - what do you wear? does it matter? i don't fancy being completely starkers for the whole thing!

Some women wear a bikini - then all you need to do is slip your bottoms off when you get to the pushing stage (or not have bottoms on at all throughout labouring in water). I was at home and wore a vest top and pj bottoms during my labour and then just had my vest top on when I got in the pool to birth. Equally, if you just want to wear your bra and knickers that's also an option. Have a look at some water birth videos on YouTube to get some ideas - that's what I did. x

I'm just gonna wear a bikini... something cute enough for pictures but not so wonderful that I would be upset if it got blood on it.

a bikini is generally the way to go I think.

I'm planning on having a waterbirth at hospital this time round & I've pretty much settled on wearing a bikini top (a cheap one from Primark that doesn't matter if it gets ruined!). I'll be taking the bottoms & a tank top in case I feel particularly self-conscious. & I've also found an old summer/beach dress that slips on easily so if I have to get out for the pushing stage I can cover myself a little.

We are having a waterbirth at home but like you, I wasn't comfortable having it all out from the get go so got this little bikini top and sun dress which can both easily come off if I want them to at any point :flower:

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/Paula1b/Baby%20Things/BirthDayOutfit.jpg

xxx

thanks everyone, might have to get myself a bikini, then. wonder if there'll still be any bargains to be had in the summer sales?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->