What type of pasta does your lo eat?

M

Mrsb3

I little bit confused really, I hear a lot that peoples lo's love pasta or they will only eat pasta... My 17 month old has never eat pasta. I'm not sure why he won't eat pasta whole with the sauce and cheese- I was thinking maybe it's the type/shape/texture he doesn't like.

He does seem to be having a hard type picking it up with his hands (slippery) and also when he does manage to use the folk he then has a hard time getting the whole thing in his mouth! If I cut it up smaller he will struggle even more to get the folk to stay in the pasta!

So just wondering how your pasta lovers are doing it and what type of pasta are you using?? I really want him to eat pasta with the sauce because he is refusing veg at the minute and I have a great tasty home made recipe for a pasta sauce which is packed with veg and goodness.

My DS eats pasta a lot. We eat a lot of rontini, which is easy for him to grab and now fork. We had fettuccine this week for the first time, he couldn't fork it as good. He also likes maceroni shells. He's older now, but he's been eating spaghetti for a while.

8 months:

DSC_4342.JPG

Enjoying some Penne at 15 months:

WP_20140609_18_19_34_Pro.jpg

Wow thank you! Aww he looks like he is really enjoying it! I think I'll keep trying it and hopefully he will learn to eat it with his hands first without is slipping everywhere...:)

LOL it's pretty messy, he's only just now (18+ months) started being a lot less messy when he eats. That is why I like Rotini, it's kind of grippy. (I just realized I said ravioli in the last post, I meant rotini!)

Question about spaghetti.. Do you cut it up into small pieces for them, or give them the whole long noodle? (Sorry if it's a dumb question)

Well I tried to give him pasta tonight and he just spat it out so I'm thinking he just doesn't like the texture. I'm with going to have to blend it all together and spoon feed him, give him a spoon too- no doubt it will go everywhere lol or I'm just going to give him the sauce on meatballs or sausage with some cheese and bread for dipping

Mine only eats spaghetti since I told her it was was wiggly worms. Doesn't really eat pasta shapes.

I cut it up but give her a few long bits too for the novelty! (she eats them, but she's 2)

Question about spaghetti.. Do you cut it up into small pieces for them, or give them the whole long noodle? (Sorry if it's a dumb question)

I cut up long ones (like the fettuccine). We eat spaghetti on rotini :wacko:

She has whatever pasta we happen to have...some work better than others! I wouldn't recommend any sort of smooth tube, penne for instance. We've been eating radiatori recently and they seem to be really easy for her to handle:
https://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100526152035/recipes/images/d/db/Radiatori.jpg

However she is only 8mo so still very much eating with her hands rather than cutlery!

Pasta twists,long spaghetti, pasta shells. She eats any. Sauce wise- tuna pasta, tomato, sweet potato sauce

OP do you cook it al dente or soft? It's a personal preference but if your LO doesn't lie the texture, a minute less or a minute more cooking might make the difference.

My LO eats all sorts of shapes. She quite likes the tube sort because she can put the prongs of the fork down the hole and scoop it up but I know some people are wary of that shape.

These are all great ideas thanks everyone. I maybe cooking it a minute or 2 over just to make sure it's 'cooked'

Maybe that's the reason??

My LO loves pasta too! She has had penne, fettuccine, and macaroni thus far. Definitely one of the messier meals but that's okay :)

These are all great ideas thanks everyone. I maybe cooking it a minute or 2 over just to make sure it's 'cooked'

Maybe that's the reason??

Oh I dislike overcooked pasta myself, I undercook mine or do it al dente.

I also eat raw noodles though, I don't think they have to be "cooked" like meat or anything. I will fish some out of the water and eat them halfway cooked too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->