What vitamins do you take, and why?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
I was curious what vitamins/supplements people took, why they took them, and whether they worked.
So please feel free to post your experiences with vitamin supplements! I would love to know which work the best for you, it could also benefit other readers too if there was a discussion on vitamins which people have found have been of help for whatever condition.

To begin: I take green tea for my digestion (which is shoddy to say the least). I think they are working as I seem more regular :)blush:). I also take water retention tablets which are a great help in making me feel less bloated (even if I am dashing to the loo more!! :haha:)

:flower:

It depends on what I'm doing... If I'm ill... If I'm fasting... Detoxing... My cabinet is full of pills :rofl:

Daily - A-Z multivitamin (good all rounder!), extra vitamin C (antioxidant) & B1 (a real brain booster!)

For detoxing/fasting - Colon cleanser (strips out all the nasties!), Herbal laxative (keeps things regular if your fruit/veg detoxing or juice fasting), caynenne tincture (energizing), chai spice tea (powerful antioxidant)

Other stuff - 5HTP (good mood booster increases serotonin!), Goldenseal root & echinacea (VERY powerful immune system booster for when your ill), arnica tablets (for bruising! I can't live without these thanks to hooping!), Acai berry & green tea (good for metabolism!)

I probably have more but I can't be bothered to go look but they are my staples anyway :lol: !

x

I'm just taking pre-natal vitamins right now.
I take Melantonin and Valerian Root at night to help me sleep.

Right now, I take Well Woman multivitamins, vitamin E (antioxidant) vitamin b12, a probiotic (digestion) and a skin/nails/hair supplement x

For detoxing/fasting - Colon cleanser (strips out all the nasties!), Herbal laxative (keeps things regular if your fruit/veg detoxing or juice fasting), caynenne tincture (energizing), chai spice tea (powerful antioxidant)

Other stuff - 5HTP (good mood booster increases serotonin!), Goldenseal root & echinacea (VERY powerful immune system booster for when your ill), arnica tablets (for bruising! I can't live without these thanks to hooping!), Acai berry & green tea (good for metabolism!)

x

Cheers! :thumbup: When I was out this afternoon I got acai berry and a colon cleanser. The woman in the health shop said I had to buy the colon cleanser to get the benefits of acai berry? I bought it anyway (was half price after all and I LOVE a bargain :thumbup:) but do I need both? or did I just fall for sales talk? :dohh:

Nooo I don't think you've been had :) to properly clear you colon out though you really need to detox or AT LEAST east extremely healthily IE No caffine, fatty foods, unnatural sugars, additives, smoking, alcohol... Basically toxins, or it'll just have been a waste of money. Save the acai berry for after you've detoxed cause then you take one after each meal :) don't take it on a detox as like above you'll just be wasting your money as it'll be ineffective x

Nooo I don't think you've been had :) to properly clear you colon out though you really need to detox or AT LEAST east extremely healthily IE No caffine, fatty foods, unnatural sugars, additives, smoking, alcohol... Basically toxins, or it'll just have been a waste of money. Save the acai berry for after you've detoxed cause then you take one after each meal :) don't take it on a detox as like above you'll just be wasting your money as it'll be ineffective x

:shock: Theres much more than just taking vitamins and hoping they work! Im sitting typing this with a glass of pepsi and a black coffee next to me :blush: reckon I will have to re-assess my caffeine intake (thankfully dont smoke and gave up alcohol for Lent at least)
Hope your detox went well btw :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->