What was your AF/Period like after hysteroscopy or laparascopy surgery????

wannabeprego

Mom to 3, FET cycle 10/2023 is a BFP!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am recovering from a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus, and a laparascopy to unblock my second tube. The surgery was a success and I have 2 open tubes now, and a cleaned out uterus, The DR did discover Endometriosis and he cleaned that out also durning the Lap.

My question is what was your AF like after the surgery???? I had 2 days of bleeding right after the surgery and than it stopped. The first day had heavy bleeding, and it lightened up and stopped after day 2.

And now I have been having spotting for about the last 4 days. Light brown spotting, some rusty colored spotting, and than last night Red spotting??

I am super confused about what is going on right now. I dont know if this is my AF or not right now?

I have regular periods and do not spot like this normally, before the surgery so this is not normal for me.

I just want to know what you girls experienced after your surgeries with your first AF/period cycle???:shrug:

Hi

Most likely its not AF, I also hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and a Lap to remove all the Endo, I had quite heavy bleeding for the first 2 days post surgery, then light bleeding and spotting for another 4 days.

I thought this may have been AF, but unfortunately she came two weeks later, and that was more like my normal period.

But I have found that my 2nd cycle post op is a little over, AF came again at day 36, I normally start between day 28-30 so naturally I thought I was Pregnant, tested on day 32 and again on day 34 but all :bfn::cry::cry::cry:

I hoping cycle 3 is not this late as i cant help but getting my hopes up high, because my AF has aways been prompt .

Wish you all the best xx baby:dust:

Hi

Most likely its not AF, I also hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and a Lap to remove all the Endo, I had quite heavy bleeding for the first 2 days post surgery, then light bleeding and spotting for another 4 days.

I thought this may have been AF, but unfortunately she came two weeks later, and that was more like my normal period.

But I have found that my 2nd cycle post op is a little over, AF came again at day 36, I normally start between day 28-30 so naturally I thought I was Pregnant, tested on day 32 and again on day 34 but all :bfn::cry::cry::cry:

I hoping cycle 3 is not this late as i cant help but getting my hopes up high, because my AF has aways been prompt .

Wish you all the best xx baby:dust:

Thanks for sharing your story with me hun!!
:flower:

I hope your cycles get back to normal soon!!!:hugs:

I hope you get your BFP soon, good luck and baby dust to you hun!!:dust::dust:

I hope my AF hurrys up and arrives for me so that I can move onto my cycle of clomid with timed sex, But if I dont know what CD I am on than I won't know when to take my clomid....:wacko::wacko:

Hi! Best of luck to you both! I had a labroscopy in Jan 2003 they found a parovarian cyst and also endometriosis. They removed both. I had heavy bleeding for a few days and then I got my period back about 3 weeks later. I know how can I remember that, you just do when things affect you emotionally. I then had a second procedure in Jan 2006 to see if the endo had returned, it had not. So they did cryotherapy where they froze my cervix to get the excess cells gone. Then I went on BC and my periods became normal. I wasnt TTC at all then. Now I am though, went off BC in July 2010 and started TTC in Sept 2011 got pregnant in Dec 2011 and had a m/c Jan 2012 :/ Since then my cycle has been ok thankfully and have had no issues til 6 weejs ago left pelvic pain started and it has gotten worse :/ I think my endo might be back. Been TTC 6 cycles now and no luck yet, if I dont get pregnant this month my dr wants me to get a pelvic ultrasound and then most likely do another labroscopic surgery :/ so bummed so hoping and praying for a BFP this month, but I also know that I need this pain to go away. Question for you both: How long after your procedures til you could TTC again? Just til your cycle comes back or do you have to wait a long time?

Hi! Best of luck to you both! I had a labroscopy in Jan 2003 they found a parovarian cyst and also endometriosis. They removed both. I had heavy bleeding for a few days and then I got my period back about 3 weeks later. I know how can I remember that, you just do when things affect you emotionally. I then had a second procedure in Jan 2006 to see if the endo had returned, it had not. So they did cryotherapy where they froze my cervix to get the excess cells gone. Then I went on BC and my periods became normal. I wasnt TTC at all then. Now I am though, went off BC in July 2010 and started TTC in Sept 2011 got pregnant in Dec 2011 and had a m/c Jan 2012 :/ Since then my cycle has been ok thankfully and have had no issues til 6 weejs ago left pelvic pain started and it has gotten worse :/ I think my endo might be back. Been TTC 6 cycles now and no luck yet, if I dont get pregnant this month my dr wants me to get a pelvic ultrasound and then most likely do another labroscopic surgery :/ so bummed so hoping and praying for a BFP this month, but I also know that I need this pain to go away. Question for you both: How long after your procedures til you could TTC again? Just til your cycle comes back or do you have to wait a long time?

Thanks for sharing your story with me hun!!:flower: I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much with your pain and having to repeat your surgery. :hugs::hugs: I hope you can get yor BFP soon and that your condition improves!!!:hugs:

My Dr. told me to wait 7 days after my surgery before I could have :sex: again. I also had 7 days worth of antibiotics to take as well with my surgery. Although I was a bad girl and DH and me had sex on like day 6...LOL...:blush::haha:

AF fnally arrived full flow lastnight!!! However, I am so glad that my 4 days of spotting finally lead to full flow AF because I was tired of being in limbo land for so long!! The surgery was most ikely why I was spotting, because I don't normally spot like that. I am happy that AF finally arived though because it will be my first cycle since the surgery so I am hopeful that I can get my BFP this cycle and that the surgery is just what I needed!!! :thumbup: I am excitd about my September cycle and ready to move onto TTC again!!

I have 50 mg of clomid that I am probably going to take for this cycle so please wish me luck!!!:thumbup:

Thanks so much ladies for the info. That would be awesome if my cycle comes back right away after surgery and we can try after 7 days. I am actually in my TWW right now about 10dpo, would be so awesome to get a BFP this month, but if not then I'll have to wait til after my cycle then in a week or two I will have a pelvic ultrasound. I have been taking motrin and it has been helping. Best of luck to you both that you get your BFP!!! ASAP :)

Thanks so much ladies for the info. That would be awesome if my cycle comes back right away after surgery and we can try after 7 days. I am actually in my TWW right now about 10dpo, would be so awesome to get a BFP this month, but if not then I'll have to wait til after my cycle then in a week or two I will have a pelvic ultrasound. I have been taking motrin and it has been helping. Best of luck to you both that you get your BFP!!! ASAP :)

Your Welcome!!!:flower:

Good luck and baby dust to you hun!!! I hope you get your BFP soon!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->