What was your baby's hear rate at 10 weeks?

3liz

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a little concerned about my baby's heart rate.
During my last 2 scans the doc didn't measure it and only observed it but I measured it with my home fetal doppler and it was around 185bpm at 9 weeks and today at 10 weeks it's still at 182bpm.

When I researched it I found out it can be correlated with trisomy 13 so now I'm really freaking out... :(

Any of you had a baby with such a high heart rate and everything turned out to be ok?

Thanks!

I think that is normal for your gestation.

https://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/pregnancy/heartbeat.php

Not understanding what's not normal about that (-:

Hi On My Doppler I pick a HB up as high as 190, I think its my doppler, As its tend to have a high peak then goes low then high... Im no good with count beats per a min, I have my 12 weeks scan Monday, so we will see then, But never really heard that it can be too fast and cause problems, So kinda in the same boat as you x

At 9+6 my baby's HR was 171 and the doc said that was great! I have never heard of an correlation between Trisomy-anything and a high HR???

I've read that once babies' hearts start beating, they build to rates of 185-190 before slowing down again. 9-10 weeks is when they peak, so it would make sense you are getting those readings.

If it makes you feel better, so far, mine were in the 110's at 6 weeks, 155/165 at 8 weeks, 185 at 9 weeks, and back in the 170's by 11 weeks. RE/OB measured them each time and said they were great! My genetic testing came back for a 1:10,000 chance for the three chromosomal issues. These are my first, so I can't tell you for sure they are healthy, but so far, no one has expressed any concern. Try not to panic, sounds like you have a healthy bean with a strong HB! :flower:

Yes heartbeats peak around 180 early on, then by 16-20 weeks they have slowed down to 120-160bpm. I promise you there is nothing to panic about <3 think about a small animals heart and how fast they beat, it's just because baby is so tiny at the moment x

At 8w5d my son's heart beat was 188 bpm which I thought was high. At 12 weeks it went down to 175 bpm. My daughter's heart beat was 140 bpm at 12 weeks and remained about 140-150 bpm every appointment. My son's stayed high my entire pregnancy, usually between 150-160 bpm. One time in the third trimester we caught it at 130 bpm... he must have been sleeping then :haha: Anyways he is now a very active, 10 month old bouncing baby boy who is already walking! His sister didn't walk until she was 15 1/2 months. It may also give you an idea as to their future personality :flower:

Thanks everyone for the kind and reassuring words!
I find it difficult not to be anxious about everything...

I just had an ultrasound yesterday at 10w, 5 days and it was 165. But at 8 weeks, it was 185. I thought it was high then!

3liz, I am right there with you! :hugs: I feel so good at my appointments/scans, don't have a single question to ask, and then as soon as I get home, the worry sets in and I start turning to google for every little thing :haha: Such a bad, bad habit!

ahah yes I know!
At my last apointment I forgot all the questions I had!
Next scan in 12 days for the NT measurement I hope everything will be alright, soooooo scared!
I wrote all the questions I want to ask!

Around 10 weeks was around 160/170 now I'm nearly 13 weeks highest reading I've got is 164 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->