What we did differently...

Ambermichelle

Reaction score
Evening lovely ladies!!

I'm sure a lot of you lovely ladies are wondering what you can do to get that BFP were all dreaming of! I got my BFP yesterday (ahh, still a dream to hear that phrase out of my mouth) and thought I would share with you girls what helped with me. I know everyone is different so this may or may not help you, but I just wanted to at least let you know!

First things first, I ate pineapple! I'm still so amazed that this worked! the funny thing is I didn't even buy the whole pineapple...I just bought 4 canned pineapple chunks from albertsons. I ate 1 can a day from 1 DPO - 4 DPO. The meat does actually has some bromelain in it to help with implantation, just not as much as the core. Also, you're supposed to eat it up until 5 DPO, but I wasn't exactly sure of my O date, and didn't want to eat it past due to eating it past 5 DPO can actually harm pregnancy.

Second, my CM was NOT an indicator AT ALL of pregnancy. I had EVERY SINGLE CM under the sun. 1 - 5 DPO, I dried up like a desert (this never happens as I'm one of those girls who ALWAYS had watery CM). At around 6 DPO, my watery CM came back. Then it was creamy AND watery. I even had some EWCM one day. Then watery again. And finally, on the day I got my BFP, I did a cervix check and brought down with me CM that resembled milk? Lol, it was weird.

Third, I stopped with the temping. I stopped with the opks. I felt that I was pretty in tune with my body to know when I was ovulating. I did ovulate early this cycle, too. DH and I only bd the 10th, 11th, 13th, and 15th. Only 4 times in the fertile window! And I'm 99% sure I ovulated on the 15th. For 3 of those baby dances, we actually had sex in the morning. We had been bding at night before, but we switched it up! I'm not sure if this contributed to my BFP, but it is something we did differently than previous cycles.

And last but not least, I had NO symptoms. At all. I actually felt just fine in my tww. Thinking back, there could have been some minor signs that may have pointed to pregnancy, but I just thought they were from holiday stress. On Christmas, DH and I went to the movies and I was NOT having a good time. I couldn't get comfortable, people were irritating me, and I could here a woman 3 rows back chomp on her food. I had some pretty intense pain in my abdomen, but again, I thought all of this was just related to the holidays and stress.

12 and 13 DPO and I thought FOR SURE af was coming. I started getting crampy and tired. I was originally planning to wait until New Year's Day (17 DPO) to test, but i ended up testing at 13 DPO. I went to the 99 cent store and was going to buy preg tests. I asked the woman and they were all out! I got in my car saying to myself, "this is a sign Dannika! (My real name is Dannika, not Amber :p ) you are NOT supposed to test today. Go home." But once a girl gets it in her head she's going to test today, there's NO stopping her! I drove to walmart, got me a frer (wasn't going to buy those blue due tests! Heard some nasty stuff on those! Even though they were half the price...sighhh), drove home, peed in a cup, and stuck that stick in!

My results came back within 20 seconds. Two lines. No question. My test line is actually darker than my control line. I looked in the mirror, looked at my cats, and said "there's no way!" Got my digital I had been saving, and sure enough, PREGNANT!!!!

Moral of the story? You're not out until that witch comes. Even if you think you don't have all the signs that other girls are naming off. Everyone is different.

Sorry this turned into such a long post, just had so much I wanted to share!

Good luck to all of you! And for those of you who lurk the boards, but don't post anything, post!! These girls are AMAZING and so friendly and helpful. Don't be shy! they'll welcome you with open arms and it will seriously help with all your thoughts and questions. Ask away!

Aw congrats, have a happy and healthy 9 months

Congrats! And thanks for the informative post, it really was helpful!

AWH congrats.. Weird fact, I didn't know about the pineapple but around 1-2 dpo I was at a restaurant and I order some as a side.. This 2WW I had no symptoms, and also my discharge was all over the place. I didn't opk, I just tried to forget about it and not stress. I did have a little motion sickness feeling but I also figured it was stress or something. About 3 days ago 12-13 dpo. I started cramping I forsure thought any moment AF was coming. All I got was a little milky discharge.

Still little sore, and little off an on crampy today but lastnight I decided to test.
In the first minute I thought I saw a faint line but wasn't sure I came back 20 mins line to see a visible second pink line. So excited all night now today mid day I decided to test again and got a neg. I'm not giving up hope but i'm trying to prepare myself.

Its so funny how are stories are so similar and we both got Positive's on the same day! Mine was with .88 cent walmart test. Thinking of buying a First Response tomorrow!

Hahah our stories are so similar!! :p I totally saw those .88 cent tests today at another Walmart! I was like oh wow of course they didn't have these at my Walmart lol (I live in San Diego..we have like 7 walmarts within a 15 mile radius) because I totally would have just bought those! Hahaha :p but I'm glad I got the frer so there was no question :D
I'm keeping my fx for you!! I want you to join me in first tri!! Test again tomorrow with fmu!

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for the very helpful (and hopeful!) post.

You're welcome!! Just trying to give a little hope to those who need it! :)

awh congratulations and thanks for posting:flower: hope you have a h&h 9 months hun

How long had you been TTC? So glad you posted this, hoping it will help to calm me down on symptom spotting

I wish ... on to month 17 today... :'(

Bring on the pineapple! Congrats :)

Congratulations! Very helpful and interesting too! All the best for the next nine months! I'm at the start of our TTC mission and I love hearing happy news, gets me so excited x

Can someone explain the pineapple thing to a newbie? Or is there somewhere I can go to figure out what all the abbreviations mean? I'm brand new to this, sorry!

Can someone explain the pineapple thing to a newbie? Or is there somewhere I can go to figure out what all the abbreviations mean? I'm brand new to this, sorry!

Hi Octoberlove! Welcome to B & B. Check out this page for some of the abbreviations.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html
Don't worry - you'll catch on pretty quick! Good luck!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->