What were your very early on symptoms?

Buttercupbabi

Reaction score
I found out i was pregnant at 9dpo and a digi confirmed it at 11dpo.
I am still really early, technically haven't even missed my period

My nipples were really sore but they have eased a bit however back ache and stomach ache are quite bad and waves of nausea come and go!
I've got quite a bit of CM too... i keep having to go to the toilet to make sure all ok!

Went shopping yesterday and i could smell food so strongly it was insane!

Also, another question for the UK ladies, do you remember if your midwife starts looking for a heartbeat with the doopler around 8wks?? I cant remember much from my last pregnancies and i find the 1st trimester a little stressful xx

I'm in Wales and no doppler at 8 weeks. The midwife appointment is just paperwork. Here they don't even look on the doppler at 16 weeks either. In fact my midwife says newest guidelines is not to use doppler at all throughout pregnancy at all routine appointments as the doppler in isolation doesn't tell you anything, but she still does because she's old school and people like the reassurance.

My midwives have never used a doppler, If they were to I doubt they'd try at 8 weeks because your not always like to hear it and that would probably cause unnecessary stress and worry.

My nipple being sore but then easing was one of the first things I noticed too. Congratulations!

I had very similar symptoms to you! I had spotting around when I was due AF, and cramps around AF due, but I had that with my son so I expected that this time round.

Strong smells, extra CM and my boobs didn't start aching until later on.

Doppler appointment is at 16 weeks, 8 weeks is still really early to hear anything, I've heard of some people being lucky enough to find it, but it's too easy to miss, and every woman is different. Baby is usually still behind the pubic bone hiding.

You'll book in for a 6 week appointment with midwife, then you'll get a letter for 12 week scan, and book again with midwife for 16 weeks.

You can pay for an early scan with somewhere private if it gives you peace of mind, but I'd wait until 7-9 weeks for that.

My first symptom at 9dpo was needing to wee alot more. I have only just found out but i def already have the dreaded fatique and slight nausea. Boobs were very sore from 9dpo too. Xxx

My early symptoms with my first were back pain, increased CM, heartburn, smell sensitivity, tender breasts and cramps but with my second I had none at all until 7 weeks. My last pregnancy was a few years ago but both times they used a doppler from 16 weeks.

The earliest a midwife will ever use a Doppler in the UK is 16 weeks and many have stopped using them full stop now due to the count the kicks campaign.

My early symptom was just sore boobs! Then a couple of weeks after the nausea, bad taste and high sense of smell kicked in.

Thanks for the replies ladies! Couldn't really remember if they did or not!

4weeks pregnant today! Can't believe how early I still am.
Its definitely hitting me more this time round then it did with my boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->