What will your babies be sleeping tat night when you bring them home?

VALiz

Reaction score
Hi!
Trying to decide what to do for nighttime sleep. Our son slept for like 4-5 months in a rock and play which is apparently a no no du to SIDS. I didn’t realize that at the time. I have no problem with people having their babies in bed with them at night but it’s just not for us. We were thinking of setting up the crib in our room but I like the idea of baby’s room being complete with the crib in her room. We also have a pack and play bassinet, swing, rock and play. I’m loathe to shell out the money for a regular bassinet since I feel like I already have so many gadgets but it would also be a good solution. We were thinking of keeping the pack and play downstairs as a changing area so I don’t have to trek up and down all the time. I can find the Halo bassinets used for about $100 or a cheaper one new for about $50.

What do you think? What are you doing?

I've bought a Chico next to me which I plan to start with next to me then shift into her nursery. DS had a rocker cot that we kept in our room unril he graduated to the "big crib " in the nursery but the Chico is bigger and wider, so I'm hoping it'll last a while.

Both my girls had a small crib downstairs which they slept in during the day and the night time they had a bassinet next to my bed .

If you can afford it I would go for the bassinet. You could always sell it on when she outgrows it and buy something else she will need at the time .

Mine both slept in a basic moses basket next to my bed.

Mine is going to be in an arms reach cosleeper bassinet which attaches bedside to make breastfeeding easier at night

I have a co sleeper mini crib that attaches to the bed, and a pack n play downstairs. As well as a mamaroo swing downstairs.

My first two have slept in the bassinet for our stroller on the floor beside our bed for a month or two before moving to cribs in their owb room. This time we will have our friend's used pack n play set up in our room. It's nice to have them close overnight at first, but I agree with not wanting to spend money on short-lived furniture pieces. If you have any friends with kids, it's worth asking if they have a bassinet, pack n play, cosleeper, etc that you could borrow.

Mine is going to use her sisters next to me crib with a new mattress and sheets beside my bed. Then downstairs she will sleep in her pram during the day.

I want to say mine will be in my arms reach co sleeper attached to the bed, but if this baby is anything like his brother and sister, he will be sleeping in my arms and attached to the boob the majority of the time. My babies typically spend maybe a couple hours a night in their cosleepers before I give up and bring them in bed with me.

Mine both slept in a pack and play beside our bed.

Does anyone have any experience using "The Baby Box" ? I completed the online quiz and picked it up for free today. It came with a mattress, sheet, and a few misc. samples.

We were originally going to put a Pack N Play next to our bed, but after the glider found it's home there, we are out of space! We will be moving three months after baby is born, so this is just a temporary solution until we get to the next house with a dedicated nursery and crib.

I looked at bassinets and nearly bought one, but like others have said, it's hard to spend much money on something that can only be used for a few months.

20181130_155835.jpg

My dd slept in a crib but for ds we got a chicco next to me but we didn't really use it as a co-sleeper as our bed was too low. We still have the chicco next to me in storage and will probably use it for our current baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->