What will your newborn baby wear + what clothes stock have you got in Newborn size?

oh and i am a second time mum but first was a winter baby so confused about clothes. i have mainly vests and bodysuits, mothercares have built in mits and will take off vest if hot. i have a few troiusers handed down so maybe trousers over vest with cardie. then a few cute romper suits with socks for going out/dressing up if needed but also just a romper without a vest in the hot weather (if we get any). you will prob get the romper type ones and cute outfits as gifts and they are for fun really so stick to vests and bodysuits + couple of cardies, and a hat for hospital. and loads of mits if not built in ;-)

It's so confusing isn't it! It took me a while to realise what the difference is between vests and body suits and body suits and sleepsuits.... Doh! I've also been feeling really confused about how much baby should wear - for a UK August baby, I'm thinking a vest under a sleepsuit and then with a cardigan on top if it was a bit cooler. Does that sound right or too hot or not enough?? Help! If we did have a heatwave(!) I was thinking I'd lose the sleepsuit indoors at least and just put on a little bodysuit instead. Also what is better, a vest that is just a top or a vest that has the bottom bit with poppers? Sorry to hijack the thread but these are things that I've been wondering about for a while now....! I feel like such an underprepared mum!

We're clearly not the only ones ! I don't have any vests at all that are just sleeveless tops, only the bodysuits, which mostly have short sleeves, some with long sleeves and the poppers underneath. Some are just plain white, but some also have really nice designs on that would look nice as part of a normal outfit - like you say, with a cardi or trousers or something.

Don't really want to put baby in 'real' outfits too soon, I love the babyfied (my own word!) look of a baby in a sleepsuit. Outfits can make them look more grown up in my opinion.

i was buying all 0-3mths clothes to 'get more wear out of them' until my friend pointed out that if my baby's a 7pounder and not a 9pounder then he'll look like the spaggetti mr man lol! so ive bought a few bits now in newborn size, chris will have a float (ie cash) in his wallet incase babys really small so he can nip to sainsburys for more new born stuff!

=) Its all confusing ill be asking my aunti but this is what im guessing happens.

it will be summer when i pop >.<

When i feel like i need to strip off he will have a body suit and socks lol

when i feel fine in my thin clothing he will be in a sleep suit

when i feel like i need a cardigan he will be in plain body suit with sleeper over it

I supose, when it gets to autum and winter will be the time the long arm vests get some use, then it will be body suit and sleep suits and cardigans and blankets happen. =S i have no idea, im just guessing, i think i need to ring my aunti lol ^^ xx

My little man will be liveing in sleep suits and body suits untill hes like 3-4 months old unless were going somewhere smart or important, as to me nothing more important than his comfort.

It's so confusing isn't it! It took me a while to realise what the difference is between vests and body suits and body suits and sleepsuits.... Doh! I've also been feeling really confused about how much baby should wear - for a UK August baby, I'm thinking a vest under a sleepsuit and then with a cardigan on top if it was a bit cooler. Does that sound right or too hot or not enough?? Help! If we did have a heatwave(!) I was thinking I'd lose the sleepsuit indoors at least and just put on a little bodysuit instead. Also what is better, a vest that is just a top or a vest that has the bottom bit with poppers? Sorry to hijack the thread but these are things that I've been wondering about for a while now....! I feel like such an underprepared mum!

The MW on my antenatal classes said that baby should have one more layer on than an adult would have. But I agree, if it's hot and baby is just in the house, I'm thinking about just a bodysuit. I haven't seen any normal vests for very young babies, only bodysuits with poppers - it helps to keep it in place rather than a vest that would ride up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->