What worked for YOU?

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
I'm such a terrible dieter but so desperate to lose weight.
I'm very self conscious of my stomach so it's the main area I want to work on.
I'm trying to walk a lot more than normal but I'm definitely eating a lot more junk. I'm a terrible snacker - this is definitely my downfall
So what worked for you? Dieting? Healthy eating?

Thanks x

I used myfitnesspal.com and exercised at home using my wii fit. It was the only thing i stuck to.
Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose weight from so you just have to keep going til it eventually starts coming off your belly.

The only thing that ever worked to keep my weight under control was jogging at least 3 times a week or horseriding. I gave up riding when I couldn't afford it any more and bought a home treadmill as I couldn't afford gym fees and was too self conscious to road run. I found that I could eat pretty much what I wanted as long as I jogged but this was when I could spend 40 mins straight jogging without stopping. Until I got to that point, healthy eating whilst slowly building up my fitness helped me to lose weight. I would recommend slimming world as an eating plan as you can eat unlimited food on it and still have an allowance daily for naughty food! And if you are interested in starting to jog and have a phone allowing apps, have a look at C25K (couch to 5k) which starts from zero fitness to jogging 5k in 9 weeks. I have just completed week 1 after having done no exercise at all for over a year and having a shocking level of basic fitness.

my fitness pal to keep the calories down and swimming once a week and exercise bike every other day , doing ok so far tho although I could be a bit healthier

My last weight loss journey, I kept a food diary and wrote it in everyday, how I was feeling, what i'd eaten, etc etc. The support on it definitely kept me going :)

I also took progress pics so I could watch the weight coming off. I did healthy eating and working out 5-6 days a week. Worked for me, I lost 37lb ......and then gained it back :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->