what would a MW say....?

RainbowGift

mother of infant twins
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've been seeing a doctor instead of a Midwife, because I am having twins and may have to have an emergency CS if they don't have room to turn themselves when the time comes (BOOOOOOOO) (Line up heads down, my little ones!). Anyway, I have been really sick for about five weeks (I'm 12 weeks) I don't want to be prescribed anything. My doctor says that as long as I can keep water down most of the time, losing lots of food, or eating less than ideal food (can't keep down fresh fruits and veggies yet... eating lots of peanutbutter on bread or soups with crackers) is not compromising my babies.

I've tried ginger in different forms, and some remedies from the health-food store... but I have sort of become resigned to the fact that my body is dealing with lots and I have to wait it out.

I'm wondering if any of you with a Midwife were very sick and if so, what did your Midwife advise?
Thanks so much! xoxox

PS- Ive got a good stash of bumgenius started and now you are all getting me looking at the pretty patterned ones (minilalas, blueberries, issys lol)

I found peppermint helped my nausea (though I only had a singleton pregnancy!)

I've read that either ginger or mint can be good, but it depends whether you are a "warm" or "cold" person. I think it's to do with Chinese medicine - how you're either yin or yang (or something, I could be talking utter nonsense!) :blush: Anyway, I know that I'm a warm person, so I needed the mint as it is cooling. My friend got on better with ginger, as she is naturally a cooler person.

Hopefully you'll find that the worst of the nausea will be gone by the end of the first trimester. Not true for everyone by a long shot, but it was for me :hugs:

Yep I would go with the mint, it helped me. Also my mw suggested the sea sickness bands but i didn't try them.

my mum is a midwife and she suggested ginger biscuits to me with my morning sickness....also her advice was pretty much, eat whatever doesnt make you sick...baby will take what it needs from your body....they wont suffer, more likely you will....

if they arent getting calcium, they'l strip it from your bones, if they arent getting iron, they'l take it out your blood....etc.

Just eat what doesnt make you sick....:hugs:

Have you tried things like Complan/Slim Fast shakes? Not as a slimming aid!"!!!! I hasten to add, but to get basic nutrition in if solids are making you puke.

I hope it passes soon, you poor thing. x

You could maybe try those seasick bands?

Thank you all SO MUCH for writing- brought tears to my eyes.

I sipped milk when I could, or banana 'double' milkshake, which was milk, blended with banana and powdered milk. Was ok when sipped slowly, with ice in it! Otherwise I had a
pile of rich tea biscuits by the bed and ate these as soon
as I woke up. Hope that it passes for you, mine went at 16 weeks, then I made up for the lack of veggies etc!
I also found that it helped to stay as still as poss after eating
to let things settle. Xxx

Ice lollies were the only thing that eased mine :hugs:

I ended up being given about 5 different sickness pills during my pregnancy as i had hypermesis. I couldnt keep solid food down at all!! I lived off soup (homemade so it had loads of fresh veg and meat in) and every so often i tolerated a sandwich. It was hell!! None of the pills worked for me at all! I found some brilliant natural pills at a healthshop but after a month the docs told me i couldnt take them!! (even tho they said safe during pregnancy!!) I made sure i drank loads so i didnt get dehydrated and just tried eating little and often (i was also diabetic so it played havoc with my insulin ect!)

I would suggest talking to mw or docs and they could prescribe you with anti sickness pills... they do work for some women i just like to be awkward!!

Not found a thing that helps sorry :hugs: Ive tried alsort and just eat what I fancy when I fancy it

with gabrielle i seemed to have ms most the pregnancy pepermint gum helped somtimes and ginger ale somtimes ginger bears have been advised to me and ginger nut cookies but i had an aversion to them so didnt work for me a bath with pepermint oil helped to with noah i didnt have much morning sickness but i got these homopathic tablets would put 2 on my tounge everytime i felt it coming on and it stopped it gave the packet to a friend of mine who just discvovered shes pregnant and struggling with morning sickness and she didnt have ms the day she took it. hope it settles down for you and congratulations on twins how exciting i hope you have a healthy pregnancy

these were the tablets btw https://www.chemistdirect.com.au/clear-homeopathic-morning-sickness-tab-x-125

I was told taking a Unisom (Doxylamine - a sleep aid pill) and a B6 vitamin just before bed has been a known cure for morning sickness. I'm one of the ladies everyone hates, who never got nauseous or sick, so I never got to test that out myself.

in my first pregnancy all i could keep down was chocolate mini muffins and cheese and ginger biscuts and gingerbeer ( non alcho ) and ds came out fine 2 wks overdue 9lb 10oz of him in perfect health other than a blood issue which he got from me not because of what i ate. i sipped water with cucumber slices added throughout the day and nibbled on my biscuts i was sick from 8wks to 34 wks throwing up at least 2-3 times each day sometimes more like 10+ times each day.

you just got to find what works for you and try to keep some water down you at least

Ice cold water helped me, and eating little but often.

Hope it cleans soon (mine went at about 15 weeks); it's the first trimester that's the bugger! :)

sucking ice helped me so so much with my first just to get something into me. i was hospitialisied with both my pregnancies and went into labour at 7 months with my youngest coz of the sickness. i was prescribed metroclopramide which is an antiemetic. it helped so much it stopped me being sick but didnt take away the feeling of being sick.

as said, just eat little and often and whatever you can keep down even if it is something like a pot noodle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->