What would you do? To know or not to know, that is the question!

blondieliz

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am in turmoil. I finally have my second scan later this afternoon and my husband and I REAAALLLLLLYYY don’t know what to do about finding out if we are team pink or blue! :shrug:

Initially I wanted to find out, but my DH didn’t, however, he decided the other day that he DID want to know – he thinks, but now I don’t know if I do. The terrible thing is, if it’s a boy, we would be glad we found out, but if it’s a girl we’d have wished we waited. This is because we both would love a baby girl, and whilst we will be overjoyed either way, I think secretly it’s what we want most. (Don’t shoot me for saying that)!:blush:

So, I have 6 hours to decide what to do. What are the pros and cons to finding out – what have you done and also, how often do they get these things wrong?

It’s such a hard decision for an indecisive person like me!

xx

I'm exactly the same, I just cannot decide. I think for me though I've convinced myself it's a girl and want to give myself time to get used to bump being a boy if that's the case. Of course I'll be happy either way as long as bump is healthy. My OH doesn't want to know at all though.

I made a similar post last week and it was suggested that I ask them to write it down and put it in an envelope for me so I can decide later.

I hope you manage to decide what to do :)

Initially I didn't want to find out, but OH hates surprises and wants to know. I have now come round to the idea especially after remembering that whilst pregnant with my son they didn't tell you and I was bursting to find out!
If you find out you can get used the idea if it is a boy. It can help some to bond by naming them and knowing what it is. Maybe it would be easier than having the surprise on the day if a girl is what you want.
If it's a girl then I'm sure finding out today will be just as exciting and you can celebrate by buying a pretty little dress or something :)

I know the feeling,

Where we will be happy with what ever we get and health is the most important thing, I said to my mama, I think we will find out because if its a boy I will need to get used to this fact lol - only because I think all along Ive been thinking its a girl, however now that I;m 13 weeks I'm not too fussed on what it is but would like to know I think so I can get organised.

Many people have said to me its nice to find out so you can prepare and buy things suited to the sex of the baby where if you dont know, you buy neutral and once the baby is here you will want to dress them in their "team colours" rather than neutral so buying the neutral is a bit of a waste!!!! - that was one of the things that has kinda swayed me, although i think i did want to find out deep down but it was some others saying "oh a suprise is lovely" or dont tell me what your having!!!!

xx

im finding out to buy everything im not doing a pink or blue nursery but theres things thats nicer for a boy or girl and names etc. xxx

I've decided I want a surprise - I think my husband would quite like to know because he's the practical one but I think if one wants a surprise, the other one has to cave in and go along with it! My primary argument is that I'm the one doing the pushing so in pregnancy, it's my way or the highway. Also, I decided that not finding out beforehand will give me a major incentive to push!

For me...pros outweigh cons! knowing the sex prepares you for everything from clothes to names to nursery plus you can call your bump him / her plus ppl can buy you sex related presents! the only pro for me of not knowing the sex is the surprise at the end of it...and i hate surprises so it doesnt appeal to me at all!

maybe wait till you are tehre and decide on what your heart thinks! it is only very rarely they get it wrong so dont worry about that :) xx

I really wanted a girl, but was convinced it was a boy all the way up to the 20 weeks scan, I asked what the sex was as now way could I wait til baby was born :lol: Turns out all my instincts were wrong and it is a girl! I was totaslly in shock and over the moon cos I thought we were having a boy

I'm having this exact same problem! We stayed Team Yellow with my little boy, and it was a lovely surprise :)

But this time its different, we had to have further testing and could ring up at any time now to find out the sex 100%...my OH is adamant that he doesnt want to know, but I'm getting curious, and would like to know whether to get all of Maxs stuff down and ready, or sell blue to buy pink!

Arghhhh, I dunno!!

xx

I've chosen not to know, this baby or my previous son. You don't get many true suprises in life and it was so fab first time round everyone taking guesses ect kind of think it takes the fun out of it when you know already We had 2 names picked, neutral nursury and had a fab time shopping afterwards.. Taking your baby out for it's first shopping trip is fab! Each to there own I suppose, some people find it mite practical to know the sex or if your like my SIL needed to know as she already had a boy and was so desperate for a girl she needed the time to adjust before the birth if it wasn't a girl (was a boy!!) you both need to agree though!

You don't get many true suprises in life
That's exactly what my mum said! Life is so full of nasty surprises that being able to guarantee yourself a nice one is something to make the most of!

I just simply can't not know!! We have our scan tomorrow and I absolutely want to know what team we will be on. I have every intent of buying smatterings of blues or pinks.. . I'm not really into the neutral yellows/greens.. . . :)
It's such a personal decision and you just have to go with what you feel in your heart.

The way I see it is, I still get suprised by the gender. . . just about 20 weeks earlier :)

Me and my OH were adamant we werent going to find out, i had a gut instinct it was boy, dont know why it just felt like one. One the day we went we both started talking about maybe finding out, we agreed we couldnt decide either way. so when the lady was scanning me i was sure i sure boy bits. but by this point i then wanted to know so i just blurted out please can you tell me....and she confirmed it was a boy. i didnt really know how i felt to the day and just went with my gut instinct. in a way im glad ive found out as it feels more real for some reason.
x

we've got our 20 week scan on thursday and have no intention of finding out... when i had my 2 dds the hospital would not tell you and for this one neither myswelf nor oh have any desire to know. i am going to buy one pack of neutral sleepsuits and vests and then can take bubs shopping for new clothes once it arrives...!

Soooooo, we are home from or scan and it was amazing, so clear and baby was wriggling, hiccuping and sucking thumbs and we do now know!

However how we knower was not ideal. I asked the last if she could see what the sex was and she said maybe, but not sure. About 5 mind later she said she definitely now knows and did we want to know. Hubby and I said we didn't think so but werent sure. She said she would carry on doing measurements and would ask again at the end. Anyhow, 5 minutes later she said there us his foot, see how his little toes are moving! Hubby and I looked at each other and I asked is it a boy and she said yes! I wa a bit miffed she had dropped it out, but it was done then.

I must admit I was a bit down as I was convinced it was a girl and had a name picked. But then I got cross at myself and now I'm coming rings to the idea.

Thanks for all your help!

Aw congrats on team blue! I'm sure the little man will bring you a lifetime of joy!

hehe! Congratulations!!

I knew the second I got pregnant I wanted to know the sex...I am very impatient. During the scan (I am on a research study so it was longer and more in depth) my OH could blatantly see it was a girl without the sonographer saying anything. The picture was incredibly clear. When the sonographer was scanning up the baby's leg making sure they were the same length she gave us a potty shot and my OH just said "ooh! I don't see a willy!!" No mistaking it, she was definitely a little girl!! we were even given a 100% that she was a girl.

Yay for team blue!
Even if you weren't sure. Hey, at least you didn't have to make the decision right? No regrets either way as she didn't give you a choice x

We wanted to know as soon as we knew we were pregnant. We asked the tech to look, and I was very impatient but she waited until she was done with all of the measurements because our LO had her knees together at the beginning. It's a good thing she waited because I squealed and burst into tears when I saw it, didn't even need her to tell me it was a girl because I could see the three lines myself. After I started crying, she couldn't really keep the wand still because my belly was shaking lol! We wanted a girl so bad that I just couldn't contain my happiness!

Congrats on your little blue bundle! I'm guessing you're glad you found out so you have time to adjust to the idea of it being a boy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->