what would you do?

sn0wbunnie

Reaction score
Ok, so last Tuesday I took my 1 hour glucose test. I failed with a 155. I then found out that I was supposed to drink the drink in 5 mins- no one told me that.

So I re-took the 1 hour test on Thursday. I "failed" again with a 131. 131 is the cutoff point for my doctor. The cutoff point for the hospital I deliver at is 140. My doc wants me to take the 3 hour.

I kind of want to refuse it. I just don't understand how there can be different levels for needing to take the 3 hour. I plan on managing my diet better, but I don't see the point in going through the hell of the 3 hour. Especially considering if I had a different doctor, I would be "passing."

What would you guys do?

I would take the 3 hour. It is better to be safe than sorry. Refusing and then possibly developing gestational diabetes without knowing could be detrimental to your baby.

I agree with the above. It's only a few hours and could help your baby a lot.

Either way, you are close to the limit. I'd take the test to be safe :hugs:

Update: My doc wants me to take the 1 hour again in 2 weeks & then go from there.

So we'll see! FX FX FX!

i would take it, because if you do have it and don't know you do it can be dangerous, but glad u are retaking the hour test. good luck hun!

Update: I took the 1 hour again, for the 3rd time & my score was a 94. I knew I didn't have GD.

Always trust your gut! :)

Fantastic news! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy :thumbup:

Great news! Now at least you know for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->