What would you do??

louise85

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know none of you can make the decision for me but I just wondered what you would do in a similar situation.

I was referred for a detailed scan after babies nuchal measurement was above 3mm. The detailed scan showed a measurement of 2.8mm. No other markers were seen, nasal bone was present, heart looked fine etc. I was given a risk for downs syndrome of 1:89 so I decided to have bloods took. The results of my bloods and scan combined 1:270.

I've now been told I'm now low risk, but obviously I'm still worried.

I have a 2nd detailed scan booked for 4th Jan were I can also make the decision to have amnio if I wish.

What would you ladies do in my situation? Is 1:270 a good ratio do you think?

I'm really confused. And FOB doesn't care so I can't even get his input as he won't speak to me.

Thank you in advance.

Hey sweetie...I think 1 in 270 is still really good odds of your baby being healthy. Try not to worry, and although its hard, think about whether your decision to keep your baby will be affected if tests come back showing abnormalities. You can only do whats right for you, and Id suggest posting this on the first tri forum aswell as you might find some ladies in a similar situation. Sorry I cant be much help, but didnt want to read and run. good luck xxxx

your odds are still less than 0.5% hun so id say that was pretty good

but I agree with the other ladies in that you need to decide whether or not having an amnio would affect your decision to continue the pregnancy & only you can make that decision :hugs:

maybe wait until you have had your 2nd scan before making any decisions as there is no point worrying just yet but as you said there are no other markers im inclined to think everything will be just fine

try not to worry :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->