What would you do?

Cat

Reaction score
Now I have always found it really sad when you get schools that have the policy of not taking photos or videos etc at school events like plays or sport events, as I feel its taking things to an extreme because of the minute posibility of some pervert out there taking advantage.

But recently I was told about something that has concerned me.
My OH's boss has a 10 year old son, and he recently went to his parents evening and all went well, and they were just told they were a bit concerned about how 'distracted' their son might be by girls, aparently he is quite the ladies man, and is oftne seen holding hands with them and kissing. Apparently one fo the girls has even made a website dedicated to him!

Now after initial thoughts and comments of 'chip off the old block', 'thats my boy' etc I have found it all a bit distrubing, this is not just family taking pics at sports day, this is a website accessable to anyone dedicated to one 10 year old boy, no doubt adorned with photos of him and information on how wonderfull he is and like and dislikes in a typical girly way. So any pervert can be looking at this site, but not only that, as these kids go to school together, she may well have put the name of the school on, so people even know where he is!

Whats your view on this, do you feel its all just innocent kiddy crush and no harm is done, or would you want the to speak to the parents of this child or the school about not allowing this sort of behavior?

Basically if you found your child was the topic of website whould you have a problem with it?

I would have a huge problem if Emily was the subject of a website
I find it quite disturbing that the teachers know about this and if they do surely so do her parents, if it was me i would have put a stop to it.
Like you say they could be all sorts of his and hers personal details on this site making it a very easy job to track them down , which is very worrying in my opinion
What ever happened to love letter for goodness sake??

Basically if you found your child was the topic of website whould you have a problem with it?

Erm yip!! :shock:

i'd have a problem with the website - and the fact that he's chasing girls aged 10! most boys wouldn't be seen dead.

im not sure what to say TBH. it is a little unusual for a 10 yr old boy to be after the girls if you liek to put it that way but for one girl to make a web site, i mean come on i dont even know how to do that so im guessing someone older has helped her out, on the makings of this. As for her and his parents why havent they comunicated through this why hasnt one of each side spoken to the ither to resolve this and have the web site taken away.

i would be mad if i found anything about my girls on the net in this day and age you just cant trust anyone :cry:

my sister is 14 and my brother is 13 they do this kind of stuff all the time. i dont see a probem with it, its all a bit of fun. putting the school name might be a bit far though.

i have to agree, i think its harmles, kids do this type of thing now a days, things have moved on from the love letter.

i think its sweet

as for pervs looking at the site, people can look at any site, poeple can sign up here and look at all the pics of our babies, you just dont know, dopesnt mean they are going to come round your house and do anything...

Sorry, not meaning to sound harsh or anything (trying my best to word this right) but i think you are being a little over protective.

xx

I would be over protective of my kids!! Damn right lol

In general it sounds quite sweet but I would still have a small problem with ONE site based on my child even if a child did it. Their eyes its harmless which makes it sweet but as a mother I think I would have a problem ... the main concern would be the information on the website ... full names, schools etc- Information pervs love to see.

Pics & things here are optional & posted by the parent (mostly) ... Thats the parent in control.

Nah I wouldn't like it & I would be overly protective over it.

:D

yeah personal info, ther than the childs first name i wouldnt agree with, but pictures and stuff dedicated to him/her i would giggle over and rib the child for being in luuuurrve lol
its cute :)

xx

I think i would deffo have a problem with it. I think the problem is that kids that age wouldnt realise what they were doing may pose any sort of risk so wouldnt be too worried about the information that they were giving, and if no one was keeping an eye then addresses and all sorts could be put on.

To bloody right i'd have a problem with it!

I admit im VERY over protective ever since a certain looney tried to pass my daughter of as her own!

And i think it is a little disturbing that a child of that age should be chasing girls in the first place!

If that was maddie plastered all over the web without my permision and pics not water marked, school being mention ETC i'd go fooking ape shit!

Agree with you cat
xxx

Whilst I agree that pics are harmless and any perv can visit forums like this even if they want, you cant stop that, but I cant help but think of a recent court case where two blokes got sent down for plotting an attack on the internet of a school girl, they discussed how they were going to rape her etc, cause they knew what school she went to and what route she took home etc. On a forum like this, you have a lot of anonamymity, and I have no problems posting pics, but a website like that with personal details and school etc is a bit of a concern for people out there that want to do more than just look at pics. And I would be angry that the girls parents have let her do this.

As for holding hands and kissing girls, I would have a chat with the lad, but I remember as a kid playing kiss chase at school and 'getting married' to several boys at school every week, it was all harmless non sexual stuff, and so long as its just that sort of harmless play I wouldnt make a big deal of it, cause otherwise your sending the kid strange messages about relationships and might make them feel a bit akward about showing affection and relationships/friendships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->