What would you use as a nickname?

TTC Baby M

Reaction score
For the name Amity? I love the name but don't like Amy, not sure if that's what it is likely to be shortened to?

Is it pronounced Am-i-tee? because if so, you could call her Ami but pronounced Am-ee (sounds like in "I am")

Mimmy maybe? You'll get Amy a lot whatever nickname you pick I think but if you keep correcting people they'll learn eventually.

I think Amy is probably the most likely nickname people will use.. I can't think of anything else!

Yep pronounced am-i-tee i as in igloo. So I guess am would be the shortest or am-mi mayb, it doesn't sound like Amy as such but kinda looks like it. Not sure what to think!

Ami is the most obvious one..

I like the suggestion of Mitzy though! I love the name Amity, but my DH preferred it for a boy (I have no idea why)

Am
Ammy (am-me)
Mitty
Mitsy
Tee

I think those are your only choices. It also depends on what her middle name would be, too..As sometimes you can make a nickname with the two together such as something like Bobby Jo nicknamed BJ as you would only get the J from the middle name.

Thanks everyone :) I dont mind if it will be shortened to A-mi or Mimi is quite cute too :) Just not "Ay-mee". And I didnt even think of the possibility of middle name being added into the nickname either so maybe I can use something there :)

I dont personally think you'd get Amy as a nn from Amity, as Amy is a whole name in itself I dont think many people make that jump. Just correct them if they do.I think Ami (am-mee) probably yes, but its cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->