What's going on with my 11 month old?

happynewmom1

Reaction score
It's getting frustrating... She suddenly wants me (and only me) to hold her allllll the time. Even at home when I usually would at least get a little time to put her down to play but now she won't do that. I have to be sitting beside her the entire time which I do sometimes. I like to get down and play with the kids but can't do it all day. So she ends up in the carrier a lot and it does get a bit much with having two other little ones to care for.

Could the extra clingyness be teething or is it a phase? She just got her first tooth so maybe more are in progress? I just can't remember with the other two at this age.

It is possibly separation anxiety. Both my children went through it around that age, my done who's 15 months still hasn't managed to settle yet. He cries if anyone even looks at him. My daughter went through it and I ended up having to co-sleep which I just am not doing with my son. x

It is possibly separation anxiety. Both my children went through it around that age, my done who's 15 months still hasn't managed to settle yet. He cries if anyone even looks at him. My daughter went through it and I ended up having to co-sleep which I just am not doing with my son. x

Thank you! You could be right... She has been doing the crying when people look at her thing since she was a few months old but would always play with our other kids at home if it was just the kids and I or my dh here. Now she won't do that so maybe it's the real separation anxiety now kicking in. I'm sorry you are going through this too. I love cuddles and playing with her.. I just need space every once in a while.

Yeah it's so hard at times. Just wanting a cuppa or 5 minutes peace but not getting it does wear you down a little. I just keep reminding myself that one day I will wish he was little again and wanted my cuddles. xx

My almost ten month old is in the same phase. Always flirty but gets antsy and often downright wails when I leave or someone holds him other than me. I think it's separation anxiety worsened by teething. I sympathize:hugs2:

My DD went through this as well, started around 11 months and it is just starting to get better now at 12.5 months. She was always a happy, independent baby and then suddenly she needed me and only me to hold her at all times. Even at playgroup she refused to be put down, when normally she couldn't get out of my arms fast enough and would happily play with the other kids for hours without so much as a glance in my direction. She is still a bit clingy, but will now tolerate being put down when we are at home so long as she is fed and well rested. During her clingy phase she was also permanently attached to my boobs, it was the first time in her life she comfort nursed and I wasn't used to it so I felt very smothered by her. I don't think there is much you can do but wait it out, for us it was really bad for about a month before I started to notice her independence returning slowly.

My 11 month old is the same! He's not clingy as such but just doesn't know what he wants. I put him down and he will scream to be picked up. Then he will scream and wriggle to get down. And then cry because I'm not holding him! It will pass :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. It seems it must be normal. I must have blocked it out from my other two lol

Daisy dreamer, thank you. I hope it gets better for you two soon :hugs: it's a rough phase!

Jessmke, yes she is also constantly wanting to nurse.. I'm used to comfort nursing but this is all starting to feel like the newborn stage all over again with his cluster feeding lol I'm glad you are starting to see some improvement with your lo!

Bev, Aliya does this too... I think when she does that with me, though it's because I put only her down but I don't sit down too so then she wants back up lol it's very frustrating sometimes.

I hope we all get some peace soon. I'm a little stressed about Christmas like this though.. Especially if she is crying everytime someone looks at her.. There are going to be a lot of people who will want to look at her lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->