What's in a number?

Cheyanne

Reaction score
Just thought this was interesting...

7 – represents perfection, and is the sign of God, divine worship, completions, obedience, and rest. The “prince” of Bible numbers, it is used 562 times, including its derivatives (e.g., seventh, sevens). (See Genesis 2:1–4, Psalm 119:164, and Exodus 20:8–11 for just a few of the examples.)
The number seven is also the most common in biblical prophecy, occurring 42 times in Daniel and Revelation alone. In Revelation there are seven churches, seven spirits, seven golden candlesticks, seven stars, seven lamps, seven seals, seven horns, seven eyes, seven angels, seven trumpets, seven thunders, seven thousand slain in a great earthquake, seven heads, seven crowns, seven last plagues, seven golden vials, seven mountains, and seven kings.
There are also seven deadly sins, seven continents on earth, seven days in a week and seven wonders of the world.
12 – represents the church and God’s authority. Jesus had 12 disciples, and there were 12 tribes of Israel. In Revelation 12:1, the 24 elders and 144,000 are multiples of 12. The New Jerusalem city has 12 foundations, 12 gates 12 thousand furlongs, a tree with 12 kinds of fruit 12 times a year eaten by 12 times 12,000 or the 144,000. (See Revelation 21.) There are also 12 months in a year and 12 signs of the zodiac.

The symbolism of the number 13 is found over and over again on the U.S. dollar bill.
The number thirteen, symbolizing the 13 original colonies, shows up numerous times:
  • 13 stars above the eagle
  • 13 steps on the Pyramid
  • 13 letters in ANNUIT COEPTIS
  • 13 letters in E PLURIBUS UNUM
  • 13 vertical bars on the shield
  • 13 horizontal stripes at the top of the shield
  • 13 leaves on the olive branch
  • 13 fruits
  • 13 arrows
The number 13 is usually thought of as unlucky or evil...Friday The 13th for example. Many large buildings such as hotels or skyscrapers don't have a 13th floor..they just skip the number or don't allow it to be occupied. I married my first husband on this day. LOL I planned my c-section on this day, but Bailey came early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->