Whats it like to breastfeed baby with teeth?

lcmorla

Reaction score
I think my 11 week old baby is beginning to teeth. She's been really upset lately and drooling much more than usual and also knawing at her arm..

Kind of frightened about her teeth coming in. Ouch!

I have two toddlers who both breastfeed, one with 10 teeth and one with a full set, and it doesn't make any difference.

I breastfed DS until he was 21 months so he had lots of teeth. I agree it's no different.

Also your LO still might not get any teeth for a while. My DS started the same things as yours at that age but he didn't get any teeth until 10 months.

Their latch does change slightly to accommodate the teeth but it shouldn't feel sore and u wont notice the difference. When I fed my little boy when he had teeth he did go through a stage of nipping down on my nipple but a few firm nos and ceasing the feed immediately made him quickly realise it wasn't nice to nip!

I haven't noticed any difference at all. She's only nipped me by accident a few times, it's extremely rare she does it :)

It's only a problem for me when he starts to fall asleep while feeding and his head moves away slightly - he tries to grab on with his teeth! But then he wakes up a bit and re-latches. He's never done any real damage. :)

I breastfed my LO until she was 3 and had a full set of teeth and it was not an issue.

My son liked to bite down on my nipple when he was teething. As soon as he/she bites you take the nipple away and stop nursing, keep them off for a few minutes then let them nurse again. After taking his precious "boo boo's" away a couple of times he quickly learned that biting was not acceptable. It probably happened 5 times total in the 34 months I nursed.

As far as feeling the teeth WHEN they nurse, you can't!

My lo bit me before she had teeth that hurt but was just a phase I did as others said and took her off. (She did grin at me when I squeaked)

Now she has two teeth bit doesn't bite and it feels no different.

Thank goodness! I was dreading the day her teeth came in until now.

Yea, it's really no big deal.. Some people like to use it as a scare tactic but if baby ever does "bite" you, your natural painful reaction will scare them and they won't usually repetitively do that (in my experience). I always scream out in pain the few times it does happen and I'm not trying to scare baby, I can't help it but they know the cause and effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->