what's needed for ttc?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies!

I am in a flat spin. Lol I am coming op bcp in a weeks time and haven't taken folic acid yet because ttc was a sudden surprise. How much is the maximum I can take?

Any advice on what I can add or cut down on? I already decided that today would be my last day of coffee. I don't drink and smoke, but going on holiday so might drink something little this week. (Usually just a glass of wine).

Any advice and tips I should know is so welcome!

Thanks!

Xxx

Hi,

You should taking a prenatal vitamin that has folic acid in it. Things to avoid when you are pregnant would be alcohol obviously, caffeine, unpasteurized dairy, lunchmeat.... Exercise is also healthy during pregnancy so perhaps you could start walking or taking a class now that you could continue through pregnancy. I didn't exercise through my first until the end and by then I had gained a ton of weight and it still won't come off :growlmad:

I added a lot of fruit and vegetables. I also started drinking low fat milk every day. Whole grains like brown rice are good as well. I've read you want to add about 300 calories a day when you are pregnant.

Thanks! Then I am doing about all the right things already. Just added extra folic acid because my gynae advised that bcp can lower folic acid in your body and it's good to drink some extra for the first month. Also added vitamin e because it helps with producing healthy eggs and more cm for the sperm to last longer (sorry tmi).

add royal jelly , its greaat , iv been taking it for about 10 days now it has alot of vitamins and its said to make good quality eggs (who knows) but i felt abit of increased appetite so ill try to take on month of ttc until Ov. i also take wheat germ oil read in lots of sites that it dilates the fallopian tubes makes it easier for ovulation .

Hi,

You should taking a prenatal vitamin that has folic acid in it. Things to avoid when you are pregnant would be alcohol obviously, caffeine, unpasteurized dairy, lunchmeat.... Exercise is also healthy during pregnancy so perhaps you could start walking or taking a class now that you could continue through pregnancy. I didn't exercise through my first until the end and by then I had gained a ton of weight and it still won't come off :growlmad:

I added a lot of fruit and vegetables. I also started drinking low fat milk every day. Whole grains like brown rice are good as well. I've read you want to add about 300 calories a day when you are pregnant.

The calorie thing is a myth, u shud still eat normally unless ur carrying multiples up until the final few months and when breast feeding. It's all about eating healthier rather than extra, the baby will get everything it needs from ur normal diet, the 300 extra would just go towards putting on 1lb a week in fat that u won't be able to shift easily. I work in a dietetic office and many of them have been pregnant since I started n that's always been a topic of convo

Hi,

The calorie thing is a myth, u shud still eat normally unless ur carrying multiples up until the final few months and when breast feeding. It's all about eating healthier rather than extra, the baby will get everything it needs from ur normal diet, the 300 extra would just go towards putting on 1lb a week in fat that u won't be able to shift easily. I work in a dietetic office and many of them have been pregnant since I started n that's always been a topic of convo

I agree, I ate normally and only gained 14lbs. Didn't start eating more until the very end, and only when I would get hungry again. It was nice to be under my pre-pregnancy weight by one month postpartum! :haha:

It really depends on how complicated you want to make it. I spent the first month temping, charting, scheduling times for when I was fertile... just ended up exhausted. Second month I threw everything away and just enjoyed being with my husband with no planning, and got pregnant. Go figure!

I drank coffee every day with no side effects. I just added more milk to my cups and did one less scoop of coffee grinds. Deli meat is fine if you buy it from a good place and not some corner deli or something (raw fruits and veggies tend to have more cases reported with food illnesses actually - I did stay away from those!).

Just relax and enjoy the experience! Hope you get your positive quickly. :hugs:

There are a lot of cautions to take but some of them are just crazy, my work friend waited a long time to be pregnant and have a baby so she did all the stuff, she went straight onto decaf, stopped picking up heavy stuff, didn't go up ladders, stopped eating precooked meat and undercooked eggs. Some things are common sense ie ladders and heavy lifting etc but some I don't think matter so much. I think as long as u listen to ur body and ur baby ul be ok. I intend to still have the odd tea and coffee but not over board, Il cut out under cooked eggs ie carbonara and cheesecakes etc and Il cut out the main stuff like alcohol and won't smoke at all etc but there are some things Il take with a pinch of salt. life needs to go on, how did they manage before research

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->