What's on your 'no' list?

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
What are your definite no-no's which have been requested or no doubt expecting?

So far, mine is a new computer chair for DD2. After the stress and hassle of last year spending over 3x the original price and searching hard, she has now decided she doesn't like or want anything pink and has asked for a blue chair. She knows it came from us.
Also her wanting a PC to replace her laptop is a no from me but OH has promised it :grr:

Oh no I remember the hassle you had with the chair !!

DD2 keeps asking for a Barbie house ! I can’t justify the price on one child and she got a wooden dolls house last year .

Apart from that it’s other people I have to say “no” too for instance slime , play doh and lego is banned in my house sorry kids !

PS4
He has a perfectly good working Xbox and we also have a switch so I said no

For me it's a no to the hover board. It's expensive and I don't think it will be used. Also dd2 had asked for a ride on car (the type for toddlers) she didn't have one then so definitely not now, she's 7.

Anything big and bulky I'm avoiding plus slime, glitter, putty...things like that x

Anything big and plastic. Had years and years of those presents and they take up so much space and don't often get played with.
I don't mind slime as I know how much they love it.

Their friends have Oculus VRs which my boys adore playing on. Absolutely not getting them those!
I am also saying NO to a Switch cause I think having an xbox, their tablets and their old kindles is quite enough gaming.
And I am totally with you ladies on no to slime and glitter!

No slime?!?! I buy the kids slime for me :haha:
Oh no ! We already had to throw a rug away out the girls room! One of the dropped some and walked it all into the rug ! If the do have it it’s on the dining room table hahaha !

Oh no ! We already had to throw a rug away out the girls room! One of the dropped some and walked it all into the rug ! If the do have it it’s on the dining room table hahaha !

Same and when dd2 got it all in her hair.
I think there are types that aren't as sticky though. Although still a no no :-D

Anything alive DS4 still keeps talking about when he gets a pug, but he knows Santa doesn't bring live animals and they are too expensive for mummy to buy right now

Anything alive DS4 still keeps talking about when he gets a pug, but he knows Santa doesn't bring live animals and they are too expensive for mummy to buy right now
Do we have the same child hahaha! M is obsessed still with pugs this is like 5 year long obsession and i also say no to anything alive

Hahaha bless him. Ds4 wanted one last year too. He asked for one last year and I said we'd have to save up and maybe in a few years. Soon as January hit it was "I'm getting my pug this year"

LOL Dolls. Hard no. They’re so upsetting!

and my big boy wants a ball python. Big sister is getting a bearded dragon, but she’ll be 10 and is hyper responsible and has been asking for 3.5 years! So he will have to wait a few years more and we’ll see if he still wants one.

Same and when dd2 got it all in her hair.
I think there are types that aren't as sticky though. Although still a no no :-D
Oh gosh !
Yeah most people in my family know not to buy it now so usually ok ! Jinxed myself now

I'd say no slime but I think I already bought a bit for their stocking. Oopse. I'll have to see what they ask for to see what the no's will be. If Aria asks for the barbie house it'll be a no for that as it's huge.

I'd say no slime but I think I already bought a bit for their stocking. Oopse. I'll have to see what they ask for to see what the no's will be. If Aria asks for the barbie house it'll be a no for that as it's huge.

We have the barbie house and it is massive, takes up a huge chunk of dd2s bedroom. I even took a bit off of it so it goes against the wall. My mum got them it but tbh it's totally not worth it as they hardly play with it! I'll probably sell it next year if we move house.

LOL dolls because :sick:
A dog (boo to DH for saying no)
A Chromebook (DS has an Ipad and will have said Ipad until he graduates high school)

Just guns here I think.
Absolutely hate slime but everyone else buys it for them anyway so I'll probably give in and get some too, they do love it.

LOL Dolls. Hard no. They’re so upsetting!

and my big boy wants a ball python. Big sister is getting a bearded dragon, but she’ll be 10 and is hyper responsible and has been asking for 3.5 years! So he will have to wait a few years more and we’ll see if he still wants one.
same, last year i got her one that basically just dresses neatly xD"school uniform ", from a gumtree advert, so it was already unpacked etc. so much rubbish in these balls, ovely expensive, and toddlers looking like growup Dx

I hate LOL dolls too. So expensive and it's mostly just packaging. I'm sure most of the excitement is in opening it rather than actually then playing with the doll!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->