What's the best way to tell family??

20andpregnant

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
my boyfriend and I aren't sure how to tell our family and friends. I'm 7 weeks now. There is a family wedding soon and I don't want to steal their limelight lol. I want to wait until 12 weeks but I'm too excited to keep it in until then!!

How did you tell your family and friends?
Is it better to do it seriously and sit them down or suprise them??

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

i put my clearblue digi into a sandwich bag and poped it onto the biscuit tin and offered my mum a biscuit hehe

I told my dad "how's it feel?" And he said "how's what feel?" And I said..."Being a grandpa!" lol

Interesting ways.

Not sure how I would tell them.
Might say something like
"Dad, you know what you said on holiday about wanting another grandchild........well"

They might love that.
No point being extrvagant with the DH, he wouldn't appreciate it. I would just tell him straight out

It depends if your family like jokes etc. Maybe wrap a test up in a box etc and give it to them.

We will be waiting for the 12-week scan, as I personally would hate to tell people and then have to tell people that something went wrong. I'd much rather know everything was fine before sharing the news. I'm very good at keeping things to myself though, so that wouldn't be a problem at all.

We intend to get copies of the scan picture to send by registered post to our respective parents (we live 160 miles away) and then put something like 'Hi Nanny and Grandad. I'm looking forward to meeting you in *July 2011. Love Baby *D x x ' *change as appropriate

We're going to call the parents ahead and tell them not to open it until we call them and then get them to open it on the phone. We'd come up with some reason as to why that is (early birthday present etc) so they didn't guess.

Silverbell, I LOVE that idea! My mom lives about 200 miles away and DB's mom lives about 900 miles away. I've been wondering what a good distance-announcement would be. That one sounds pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->