What's the best way you found to settle your LO when crying?

swaddle if she is throwing a real hissy even at 7mths
a muslin for her to shove in her mouth and muffle the moans (in fact anything to suck/chew on as a distraction)
and me humming a tune to her over and over whilst holding her, seems to calm her down a bit.

:haha: I am another one guilty of using the booby as a comforter...and it works!! I fed Amber through her 8 week jabs, she took them brilliant, and I intend to do the same this week for her 12 week ones.

When Chloe is really crying we have to walk round the house and show her every light fitting! She loves them and by the time we get to our bedroom light she has normally stopped crying. God knows how we found out this worked but it does! Sometimes you just have to do some really random things! xx

Cuddle.
Swaddle (especially if he's overtired)
Stroking him with both hands gently from his shoulders down to the tips if his toes while saying Whooooossssssdhhhh or humumumumumum.
Stroking his cheek gently with the backs of my fingers.
Resting my hand on his chest.
His M&P gingerbread mobile that plays rock-a-bye baby.
Baby White noise app on my iPhone
Gently swaying in a figure of eight while saying Shhhhhhh
A bath.
A car ride or walk in the pram.
BOOBIE!!!!

Babies can sense stress, my DH use to get stressed but he is used to him now and can easily settle him. Talk to him/her in a soothing voice, smile at the baby, hug or walk around to distract him/her.

Putting him to the boob, standing up with him, changing his nappy, taking his clothes off lol xxx

Booby or wrapped up tight in a blanket and give him tight cuddles.

I let her suck the end of my little finger :blush: Really need her to stop doing this now!

Cuddling and bouncing her, or singing her a little song that she is familiar with. At night if she starts crying I rub her belly and say 'its ok' in a really soft voice over and over, which seems to send her back to sleep most of the time.

Try white noise! It's been a lifesaver for us:
https://cantonbecker.com/music/white-noise-sleep-sounds/mp3s.php
Play it as loud as you can!

Also Emily likes being lay down with her head in my boobs, haha.

And her back being stroked or tapped depending on her mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"