whats the deal with the sharp pains up my 'doo dar'?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Louise, May 15, 2007.

1. Louise

Louise Proud mum to baby Nick

2 dr's tell me its normal, but I havent seen anyone else mention it.
    I also had it once up my bum, and im getting it in my butt cheeks and in my back.. what is it?​

2. Imi

Imi .

My babe currently poking my fairy"!!!

Nice!
    xxx

3. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

Say hello to Sciatica.......I've had the pleasure of mine since week 9 and its GOT WORSE:hissy: !!

Starting Physio next week, Also bought one of these last nighthttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4428121.htm

Help's sleeping a teeny bit!

4. Louise

You're getting it too? jeez, is it normal? I mean do you get sharp jabbing pains?
    I dont get it all the time but I have had them more than once. Scares me sometimes. x I can feel him wiggling about, he's rather low down there, or so he appears to be.

5. Louise

OMG Sam, seriously.
    Today I couldnt move.. its fucking horrible. My butt cheeks really really hurt to an extent where I cant bend my back.
    Say if Im leaning over or something, my back will just give out and I cant get up. I have never experienced pain like it.
    I cant lay on my back either because the pain is horrendous when I try sitting up.
    Do you think my dr will start me on physio too if I tell them how bad its getting?

6. Lil_Baby_Boo

Oh, I thought you we're suffering with sharp pains in your bum cheek(s) and back......

There's another dim moment for me!

7. Trinity

Trinity Well-Known Member

May be a good idea to mention this to your doctor and say how painful it is .. may be able to suggest something to help.

8. Louise

I am. they're everywhere.
    Imi's getting them in her 'fairy', too- apparently lol.

9. Lil_Baby_Boo

Ohh, this is all a bit fast for me........

Sounds like Sciatica to me then......I just told my midwife....she said If it started to affect my walking (which it has) to tell her so I did and she booked me in with the physio.

I get to the point at night where every teeny move kills me.....lastnight I was almost crying with the pain.....Paracetamol does nothing so I don't take them! MW said I can use heat sprays so long as they are 'drug' free! They help a little.

10. Louise

Im right there with ya gal.
    I remember a few weeks ago I litterally couldnt walk. I thought it was me shoes so I took them off and tried to walk bare foot, that didnt help so I had to be carried home. I know how you feel about moving at night, it hurts me more when Im laying down. This morning it was awful too, I just could not move at all. Imagine what we're going to be like at 7/8 months... A jibbering wreck!