Whats the latest you can fly?

Mommy2Kian

Kaden and Sian :)
Reaction score
Just wondering if i was to get pregnant, would i still be able to fly if we tried in March and holiday is september :blush:
Not saying we will...just curious like 8-[

I heard it depends on the airline. I think if you're within a few weeks of your due date they might not let you on because they are worried about an in-air emergency. As for safety reason, I don't know of any (though I could be wrong).

I've been wondering the same thing because we plan on going on holiday in Spain end of July/early August.

I'm not sure. But if you WERE to go into labor and give birth up there, most airlines give you and baby free flights for life! hahaha

I had a quick look into this today and for uk it seems to be. ok to fly upto 28 weeks provided you return before 34 weeks but you must have a doctors note stating it is not a multiple birth and there are no complications if you are between 28 and 34 weeks. It does state it can differ from airline to airline though so I'm working on not being any further than 26 weeks when I'd due to fly back.

You can normally fly up to 27 weeks without a doctors note but each airline varies so best to check with the airline first xx

:lol: @sleepinbeauty!

Thanks ladies, i dont think id get pregnant anyway, was just curious :flower: xXx

I thought the advice was to not fly in the first or last trimester? Not sure of that now though...

27 with out a doctors note. I think its 34 weeks if there were no complications and you GP says your fit to fly.

I flew long haul (to Thailand - 11 1/2 hour flight) at 30 weeks which is when we moved out here. I had a doctor's note but the airline didn't ask to see it and I think the airline I flew with (Evaair) would fly you up to 36 weeks with a note.

Here are the BA guidelines for interest www.britishairways.com/travel/healthplan/public/en_gb

Hi there I work in a travel agents so I am glad my useless information can be used for something :blush:

It's dependant on the airline, as each airline has a different set of rules and regulations which they need to uphold, generally expectant mothers can fly without a doctors note up to 27 weeks, from then on you can fly up to 35 weeks but you need a doctors/midwife medical note to state you are fit to fly, and it must cover the dates of travel, therefore you must have the return flight before your 35th week as most airlines won't let you fly past the 36th week since they are worried you might go giving birth on their planes :rofl:

Hope this helps :D

Ooooo thanks all!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

Pluto can i ask a really cheeky question...ive always wondered this..how much discount do u get on your holidays :blush:

:lol:

xXx

Ooooo thanks all!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

Pluto can i ask a really cheeky question...ive always wondered this..how much discount do u get on your holidays :blush:

:lol:

xXx

Hehe, with Thomascook I get 50% off for me and then 15% off for any additional passengers I wish to take. Thomascook also have a dedicated line for there staff where you can call up 48 hours before you wanna go and they give you what is left, but you only pay £99 a person, the only thing with that though is in the busy seasons there tends to be nothing left.. :blush:

This is great news. I was just about to look it up. I have had to put TTC back from now until May/June and we are going on a holiday to Florida at christmas by which time I will be about 30 weeks, but now I can put my OH and mums mind at rest that it will be ok.

I have always wondered about this as well. If we get lucky early next year, my in-laws want to take the family to Italy to visit family during the summer. But then again do I really want to be pregnant and touring Italy? I have no idea. So we told them to hold off the idea just in case. And MIL was totally cool with that idea, because she wants a grand-baby really badly. But my SIL flew at over 4 months pregnant and she wasn't advised not to.

does anyone know about any risks to baby or anything? or is it just the fear of a woman giving birth on the plane? x

There is an increased risk to mom of a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) when flying when pregnant. I spoke to my GP beforehand and he said I should wear flight socks and get up at least once and hour to walk around to reduce the risk. This turned out to be no problem as I needed to pee that often anyway :loo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->