what's the sickness like?...........

shorty2k8

1 son ttc #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know i have put many posts about mornin sickness on these forums, but the more information i can get into my little head the better lol.

Well i was just wonderin if you could describe your sickness, the severity and explain what it feels like.... i only ask as my mom said to me its a different sort of sickness to bein ill which i dont understand, as an emetophobe sick is ill to me, sick sick sick...... no no no, lol! so im tryin to overcome this fear.

I suffer from IBS so tummy troubles are second nature to me, i'm jst hopin i can cope with what pregnancy may throw my way, its horrible not knowin how it will be until it happens.

thanks for your time and a very merry christmas to you all and your bumps/beans :0)

Nicki xx

I haven't gotten full blown ms thankfully. In fact I feel fine in the morning, it's the evenings that I feel a little icky. For me it's like the icky/ill feeling you get when you're really exhausted (which I am in the evenings). Not quite queasy, but not great feeling either. It's started to get better in the week too.

Most of the time, for me, it's an almost constant feeling of being queasy. Not severe. And then sometimes a wave of nausea comes over and I have to go lie down. There were 3 days where I started vomiting. It started a just a couple of times a day and progressed to every 20 minutes, but I think I had a stomach virus.

Everyone recommends keeping something in your stomach at all time, and it really does help. I have to make myself eat even when I don't feel hungry. But just a handful of grapes or crackers will do. Ginger helps as does lemon drops. Or just sucking on a lemon wedge.

Some people never get sick so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!

I had constant queasy for most of it (still have it a bit really), so bad that I carried a bucket around with me, but during weeks 9,10 and 12 I did a lot of dry heaving as the worst nausea for me was in the evening at nearly bedtime so there wasn't food to come up easily. Pulled my stomach muscles. Never lost a whole meal as I had such bad food aversions I could barely eat anything that wasn't easily digestible as it was (simple carbs like white bread, crackers, and no more protein than is in something like yogurt). I can't believe at this point that 4 weeks ago I was wondering how I was ever going to do this again. I feel that much better.

I agree about eating! Crackers will be your best friend! As nosaby says, ginger is great. Vitamin B6 is wonderful and i can personally say that as i have been on that for about 6 weeks now. Last pregnancy i had the waves of nausea quit a bit (wasn't on B6). Never once had it this pregnancy!

for me it was that queezy feeling from the time I got up till the time I went to bed. Now it is more so just in the evenings.
For me it is like I want to throw up but don't. I find it draining.
If I don't eat small meals through out the day it gets alot worse. Just a cracker or a slice of cheese helps settle my stomach.

You may be very lucky and not get MS I never got it with my 3 sons.

For me it's only happened about 2-3 times but it has also been at night, especially when I am really tired. It starts with that tightening of your throat muscles...and then that overall feeling of queasiness like you want to gag all the time. :-/ I"m really hoping this goes away!! Good luck!

thanks for your replies ladies, i tend to feel queasy and exhausted like illness quite a lot anyway, lol. and when i get too got my stomach turns, ha!

thanks again, really appreciate it!

xxx

I describe it as a bad hang over lol, if you turn your head too fast smell something that puts you off, ect it makes you queasy and sick :)

Hey! :)

My morning sickness was more around the 6/7 week period... I felt queasy all the time, especially in the morning, and I found it hard stomaching dinner at night! It was like an all day sickness as to morning sickness! But the next day I could be fine! So strange... Im about 11/12 weeks now and the sickness thing has stopped! But i've discovered a fascination of drinking pints and pints of water! haha Im not complaining though, it's great for avoiding constipation!!

Its not very nice, but i prefer it to a tummy bug thats for sure. Im worse in the evening, im fine with small things to eat but as soon as i eat a proper meal i feel ready to throw up! its horrible really but if it gets too bad i think the doctor can prescribe tablets to help. Certain foods may bring on the sickness also. x

For me:

Have you ever been so drunk that you wanted to throw it up to make it go away, but couldn't?

Yeah :dohh:

I'm an emetophobe and have ibs symptoms most of the time so I know exactly how your feeling and how anxious you can be about MS. I normally at the best of times feel quite ill anyway through pure anxiety but MS hit me at about 5-6 weeks. I've not actually been sick yet (touch wood) just felt very sick all day. It's been more like a virus type sickness for me but I would say making sure you eat definitely helps even though it can be the last thing you want at times. I had a few days at 6 weeks where I thought I would never be able to carry on feeling so ill but I just confined myself to the sofa and did my best to relax. I had 4 weeks of being pretty much housebound as i felt too ill to even go and see relatives. I'm 10 weeks Sunday and have had periods of feeling my normal self lately which seem to be getting more frequent so I'm hoping I'm past the worse, fingers cross!

It's different for us all! For me, at 5-7 weeks I felt awful, wasn't actually sick but queasy all day and off my food. Swung from constipated (ow) to diarohea (urgh). Now at 8.5 weeks I just feel off my food and just "not right" with occasional waves of nausea in the evenings.

I would have to agree.. I am so quesy. Only vomited 1 time but I always feel like I need too. I was worried thinking something was wrong because I wasn't vomiting, but I really hate this quesy feeling. And mine just started like Christmas eve... and won't go away..lol

I'm 7 weeks and I was worrying as I've not really has what I would call proper morning sickness. Just that queasy feeling and a loss of appetite. Now I've read these posts I feel better as I thought if u got morning sickness it was being violently sick. I guess everyone is different. For me it's similar symptoms to IBS. I have come to realise that the best thing is to eat little & often and never let your stomach feel empty as this is when I feel my worst. Crackers do seem to work!

Mine has mainly been feeling queazy and I find that easier to deal with than the actual sickness. Thankfully I have only had about 5-6 days of actual sickness!

The nausea is definitely helped by eating!

Also, the days I have been most sick are the ones where I haven't eaten soon enough so I would recommend making sure you don't go with an empty stomach.

The sickness to me is like any other sickness apart from when I haven't eaten anything and I am still being sick and nothing comes up - that bloody hurts!!!

I really do feel for those people that are sick all the time. I do think myself lucky really that I have only been sick for a number of days rather than weeks xx

It's like hell.

Im afraid i'd have to agree.
But it IS different for everyone! I've heard some lucky ladies say they never had it at all and others have only felt sick.
Some ladies are only sick a couple of times and others are sick all day every day.
Me? I was lucky enough to escape vomit-free til about week 5 when i started to feel sick. For me this meant feeling hot, a bit light-headed and like i was coming down with a bug. At about week 6 i would wake up in the morning and as soon as i stood up it was like a brick fell into my stomach - it felt really heavy and i'd have seconds to run for the sink. I've always found it hurts your tummy less if you throw-up while standing on the balls of your feet - dont know why. It would be bright yellow stomach acid that burnt my stomach, throat and mouth and even came out of my nose. What started as just a morning event turned into something that happened 5+ times a day - always liquid, hardly every food.
I dont want to scare you but I didnt want to sugar-coat it either. This was my MS and, as i say, everyone is so very different :hugs:

im now 5 weeks 5 days and the past few days havent been brilliant thats for sure! I havent actually been sick yet but its the feeling that you are, it really makes you drained and tired. God only knows why its called Morning sickness, it should of been called pregnancy sickness from the start lol, its all day with me, at night is worst when im tired, and anything i eat at night i just want to throw it back up. At the moment im fine in the morning, i wont speak too soon lol!
sorry to rant on, just trying to describe what its like! hope you dont get it too bad xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->