What's with this acne???!!

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Omg my skin is the worst it has ever been, in my life! And I'm almost 37!!!

My forehead has more pimples than a teenager, its crazy!

Never had this in pregnancy before, I normally just get sensitive skin, wonder what it means!?
Anyone else got a spotty face?

Awh no sorry you're experiencing this sucky symptom! It's just all the crazy hormones going out of whack that you're body is definitely not use to now you're past puberty. I haven't experienced it myself and count myself very lucky, but my mum had it so bad when she was pregnant with me, she had it everywhere.
Hope it doesn't last too long :hugs:

I've got a few spots around my jaw, not much but I noticed it because when I was pregnant with ds my skin was beautiful the whole time so I was surprised at this. Old wives tales say it means you're pregnant with a girl, who knows. It's just hormones going crazy xx

Mine is just the opposite. I've always had problematic breakouts, and was on an rx cream right before becoming pregnant. Now, my skin is perfectly clear, appears more firm and everything. It's like a miracle.

It's the progesterone. It breaks some women out terribly, and clears others skin. Hopefully yours clears up for you. I know how frustrating acne can be!

My skin has actually got brighter & glowy yaay :p .. although I did have a really big painful pimple on my thigh :/ lol the day I got my bfp

Same here! All round my forehead and tops of my cheekbones. Ugh! I usually have completely clear skin (and have never really had acne before) so this is new to me too. Didn't have it with my son! I think every pregnancy just treats our bodies a little differently to the last. This one is making me spotty, exhausted and starving for the most random foods yet sick to my stomach with normal ones. Strange!

x

Yes it's HORRIBLE! ! I was breaking out before my bfp (that's what made me suspicious of pregnancy) but at this point it's just crazy and I'm tired of it. Definitely worse then it was with my son and worse then when I was a teen. I'm really hoping the second trimester will bring clear skin back. :(

Thanks ladies, glad I'm not the only one but sorry you're pimply too!

I wonder if there's anything we can do to help it? Or if it will just clear in time? My poor skin lol!

I hadn't noticed any change in my skin at all until recently. I don't ever get body acne but I have a big painful one on my back just beneath the nape of my neck, and my chin has about 4! And my cheeks as well. Nightmare!

Ladies drink lots of water.. avoid sugery stuff.. eat oranges & strawberies .. cucimbers .. avoid egg yolk

I have the same problem. I'm nearly 7 weeks now and my spots seem to be calming down less red. I just bought some oil free tea tree face moisturizer as well so hopefully that will keep them away for a while, hope u clear up soon

I have really horrible hormone related breakouts on my face :( it was terrible during my last pregnancy, and my skin has been red and sore again through most of this one. It's got nothing to do with it being a girl, as my last was a boy. I've always had breakouts around AF, so I think my skin just really doesn't get on with changing hormone levels.

I've been using sudocrem at night and an exfoliator wash every other day and coconut oil to moisturise. I can't clear them up completely, but it helps with some of the redder, angrier patches.

My skin is also one of my early pregnancy indicators-I had dreadful skin before my BFP this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->