whats wrong with me?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi just wondering if anyone can help.

i keep coming over all hot and shacky and really light headed.
ive had this over a week or more but only a few times.

can anyone help. x x

you might be dehydrated or have low blood sugar. try drinking lots of water and eating a bit of chocolate or some biscuits and see how you feel. you might be a bit anaemic too, tell your MW at your next appointmen. hope ya feel better soon =] x

i drink lots of water through the day.
ive just sent hubby a message to pick me up some chocolate when he comes back from work.

i did mention it to midwife last time i saw her but it had only happened once.

ive got my bloods to be taken tomorrow and i should have the results back by friday when i see the midwife.

what can i do if i am anemic *spelling*

it wont be diabetes*spelling again* will it.

it could be gestational diabetes if your blood sugar is low. I'm anaemic and I just take an iron supplement tablet every day and it eventually brings your iron levels back up to normal and you'll feel less tired and light headed

it could be gestational diabetes if your blood sugar is low. I'm anaemic and I just take an iron supplement tablet every day and it eventually brings your iron levels back up to normal and you'll feel less tired and light headed

if it gestational diabetes will the midwife know from my blood results?

If it's diabetes, she'll be able to tell from your urine as well as your blood because it will contain sugar

oh right well last time my urine was ok but ive got my blood to be taken tomorrow and midwife friday.

hopefully if anything is wrong the midwife will pick up on it.

good luck for tomorrow anyway =] i have a midwife appointment tomorrow too, i'm hoping my bloods come back clear this time

Diabetes doesnt always come up in your urine, mine didnt. I used to get shaky and crave sugar alot and i turned out to have GD.

You will only be screened for it if you are at risk from it. Make sure you mention it to your midwife and get her to send you for a glucose tolerance test. About now is when GD shows up, but from what I know, GD is too much blood sugar so having some chocolate wont help! I used to feel shaky after eating a large meal or indulging a bit. The more sugar I ate the worse i felt.

If you get a GT test, the results come back the next day so you wont have to wait long. Until then, why dont you have one day where you avoid sugar, cut down on your carbs and eat loads of protien instead, just to see if you feel better.

On the amemic side, pull down your lower eyelids and see what colour the skin is underneath, if it is pink you are fine and your latest bloodtests should show you are not anemic. If it is white or very pale, then go drink a guiness, eat some beef and loads green veges. Your MW will pick up on it and give you tablets if need be.

Hope you are ok tho! None of these things are worth stressing out about and are normal pregnancy things that go away once baby is born.

yes i feel fine now, i dont know if it was coz i was standing still for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->