What's your baby's feeding/bedtime routine?

cvd16

Reaction score
Hi,

Just out of curiosity after your baby wakes up in the middle of the night for a feeding, what do you do immediately after? Just put them back to bed?

This is what I need to do:
- Feed her
- Burp in between feedings (sometimes this makes her upset/fussy)
- Burp her one last time after she's done
- Hold her upright for at least 30 minutes so she can digest (she spits up and hiccups OFTEN) - sometimes she is still fussy at this part
- Within those 30 minutes also rock her back to sleep.. and sometimes it takes longer than 30 minutes to put her back down and for me to finally go back to bed... also hoping and praying that once I put her down, that she stays asleep and doesn't wake up too soon.

Edit: also after she's been sleeping for awhile, sometimes she'll spit up in her sleep and it eventually wakes her up. Last night I woke up to her crying and when I checked on her, she had spit up all over her face :(

I don't think she can fall asleep by herself. She always needs to be in sometimes arms before she can fall back asleep.. she will be 7 weeks in 3 days. Is this normal? I've tried putting her down while she's drowsy but while I am putting her down, I think it wakes her up and then she's fully awake! Then she's just laying in her crib looking around all active and awake and I feel bad just leaving her there so I pick her up and rock her to sleep.

For you guys, does it take this long to get your baby back down to bed as well? I find it so tiring but it needs to be done if I want to try to avoid the spit up/hiccup nightmare especially at 2-3am when all I want to do is sleep :(

I'm the same as you - I feed her, burp her as I would in the day so mid feed and after. Usually she falls asleep on the bottle so I hold her for maybe 10 minutes before putting her to bed.

She usually doesn't wake up. The whole process is probably 45 minutes.

My ds is a month old today. He has acid reflux, and if we lay him down he spits up and would scream in pain. The meds have stopped a lot of the spitting up and when he does he isn't in pain anymore because the meds take the burning away. He usually eats 3 oz and I have to burp every 1-2 ozs. He sleeps in his rock and play, which holds him at an incline so I don't have to hold him. It has mesh sides. Although it isn't technically a safe sleep place, my doctor said do what you have to as his reflux is so bad. The whole process is anywhere from 30 mins- 1 hr.

My LO is 15 weeks old and will wake right up if he's put down drowsy. Even in a deep sleep he'll wake up anywhere from right away to 20 minutes later if he's not cuddled up with someone. We bedshare so he'll often doze right back off after a feed, if not I'll walk around with him until he goes to sleep and then lay down with him. During the day he naps in the carrier or in my arms on the sofa. Or sometimes we nap in bed together. The only time I get anything done around the house is when he's awake ironically enough!

I bedshare, so during the night Emma will stir, I roll over and feed her, then roll away and go back to sleep.

As a small baby it was much the same but I would change her nappy after feeding from one side, feed her from the other, burp her and then go back to sleep.

Luckily I've been able to feed ad put my last two babies straight down back in there Moses basket / cot ds1 was different tho I had to get him back to sleep til he was about one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->