what's your cleaning/household tips

blessfull

Reaction score
Thought we could all share or. Cleaning,organising tipss to make daily household chores,shopping etc easier,

:flower:

Great idea! Im rubbish with chores. I tend to use baby wipes on everything when i haven't got the energy to do a proper clean.

The one thing im good with is i start a shopping list as soon as i run out of something, lists are my forte. Its just getting it done that eludes me.

Great idea! Im rubbish with chores. I tend to use baby wipes on everything when i haven't got the energy to do a proper clean.

The one thing im good with is i start a shopping list as soon as i run out of something, lists are my forte. Its just getting it done that eludes me.

:blush: baby wipe fanatic aswell :blush: lol

Floors,sofa,kids,me,tv,tables,toys everything lol :blush:

And im terible at shopping I just buy stuff cause its on deal lol, :haha:

Write down things you need as you run out of them.
Baby wipes are awesome for cleaning! lol
Window Wipes from tescos (in a green packet) are awesome and so quick for cleaning windows lol

Do you ever shop in Tesco? It's now compulsory for me.
They have this thing called scan and shop. Which means you scan and pack as you're going round. It gives you a running total on the screen. And with Tesco you get COUPONS!! The excitement kills me every time my Tesco vouchers come through. I wish I lived in the US. I'd be an extreme couponer, without a doubt.
I keep my reusable bags in my car along with my little organiser that I keep all my money off vouchers in. That way, they're never forgotten.

For organisation. 2 words. Martha. Stewart. My Office is like Staples has projectile vomited all over it. She does wonderful tags and boxes.

2 wash baskets, one for lights, one for darks and colours. Saves time organising them.

Have a 10/5 thing rule. I don't leave a room without picking up or tidying away at least 10 things.

With things like kitchen cupboards I keep everything in baskets. The I just need to pull each basket out and not destroy the whole cupboard. IE Spice basket, roll (cligfilm etc) basket, stock pots and packet basket, sausaces (Tabasco, sweet chilli, ketchup etc) basket. You get the drift.

Ooh i do the separate wash basket thing, guess im not as rubbish as i thought!

Im waiting to do my big shop when the next clubcard vouchers are out, iv heard it'll be Nov tho, and im popping to Morrisons everyday now so not sure im actually saving! Must make more effort to use up what we have instead of buying what i fancy!

That used to be my biggest issue, it wasn't how much I was spending tht was the problem it was how much food we were throwing out! So now I keep a fairly loose eating plan.

It's on our fridge and when I do my weekly shop I work out what we're eating but I don't say Monday - Sausages kind of thing. Because I might not fancy Sausages on Monday so I put them on what ever date they become OOD. That way, I know they need eaten before then but I don't feel bad if I don't eat them on a set day.

Does that make any sense at all?

Anyone know how to get crayon off textured wallapaper??

I am definately not great at cleaning but some things I find help-

Do a quick sweep every day literally takes 5-10mins and then I have a flash powermop (get floorwipes to go on them from aldi for 99p) give that a quick whizz round and that saves me a hassle of using a mop and takes much less time
Use baby wipes on surfaces and the sofa
Only wash dishes once a day to save effort and do them straight after evening meal
Also I try and do a quick clean up every night before bed so that I wake up to a cleanish house
3 laundry baskets - babys- clothes - towels and sports stuff

I read this fantastic blog that told you how to keep on top of the chores with just an hour a day. It was really good and I'm definitely going to start doing it. It will take a little longer if you don't have a dishwasher but not too much if you keep on top of the dishes.

My own tip though is to do with the washing as if I don't do this it gets completely on top of me. I always put a load of washing on a day. Usually in the morning whilst I'm in the kitchen getting breakfast or making a packed lunch. And then I put it out in the afternoon so it's usually dry by the time the next load goes out.

Here's a link to the blog entry though
https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2010/09/08/speed-cleaning/#_a5y_p=980502

But I get most of mine on pinterest. It's FULL of them x

OMG buy a steam mop!!!!! I have a shark pocket mop..got it just a couple of weeks ago and its fantastic :) All my floors are super clean and it does loads!!!!!

I clean the shower/ bathroom area as I take shower if that makes sense, or when im giving my kiddies a bath,

Als totally agreed on the steamo mops are amazing,

My cleaning slogan is " clean as you go" lol

Dr Bronner's sal suds it's a gentle environmentally friendly cleaner but it cleans everything really well and you only have to use a drop for most applications so even though it seems pricey (about a tenner for a just under a litre) it really isn't xx

I clean the shower/ bathroom area as I take shower if that makes sense, or when im giving my kiddies a bath

:thumbup: always do my bathroom when lo is bathing, saves so much time! I don't clean every room every day but I like to do a 'pickup' where I put toys/books etc away, load dishwasher, wipe toilet and sink etc just to keep on top of things.

Also white vinegar is brilliant for getting stains out of the carpet or getting rid of funny smells (eg toddler peed on the carpet!) and if my washing is particularly sweaty (oh sports clothes...) I bung some in the fabric softener compartment and it keeps it fresh.

I play silly little mental games with myself, all about maximizing time.
I hit the button on the electric kettle to heat water for tea and I try to get the dishwasher unloaded and the dishes away in the ~ 3 minutes until the water boils.
I try to squeeze in loading and starting the laundry before anything else in the morning (so that I have a chance in hell of the 10 minutes needed to toss items into the dryer or onto the drying rack so that they will be dry and ready to fold and put away after all the morning activities?).
I guess I sort of sort chores into time units and figure out how many I can squeeze into the time units of different activities? Does that make sense?
Also, I read some random comment on a thread like this on a different site that was cheesy, but actually really resonated with me. It was, "What would the Tomorrow Me really really be grateful for the Today Me getting done?"
For me, that means that getting lunches packed/coffee maker prepped for the morning/clothes laid out the night before are now the KEY thing to having a relaxed and enjoyable day.

I play silly little mental games with myself, all about maximizing time.
I hit the button on the electric kettle to heat water for tea and I try to get the dishwasher unloaded and the dishes away in the ~ 3 minutes until the water boils.
I try to squeeze in loading and starting the laundry before anything else in the morning (so that I have a chance in hell of the 10 minutes needed to toss items into the dryer or onto the drying rack so that they will be dry and ready to fold and put away after all the morning activities?).
I guess I sort of sort chores into time units and figure out how many I can squeeze into the time units of different activities? Does that make sense?
Also, I read some random comment on a thread like this on a different site that was cheesy, but actually really resonated with me. It was, "What would the Tomorrow Me really really be grateful for the Today Me getting done?"
For me, that means that getting lunches packed/coffee maker prepped for the morning/clothes laid out the night before are now the KEY thing to having a relaxed and enjoyable day.

I do something like this! Put the kettle on for a cuppa then try & tidy the living room before it boils or bung something in the microwave for 4 mins and try & wash X amount of pots. (Don't have a dishwasher sadly).

Great thread! Also another baby wipes addict!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->