whats your diet and how do you stay motivated??

babz1986

Reaction score
Hello! :wave:

So my LO is now 3 months old and its about time I loose some weight!

I have always been a little over weight - not massively, but by medical terms I could do with loosing some weight! plus I'm generally not happy with my body!

I have always been a yo-yo dieter and exerciser and never really stuck to any particular diets even though I've tried a lot of diets and exercises out there! lol

I always leave my diet and exercising really till the last minute - for example when I was pregnant my plan was to have my 6 week check after she was born and start exercising and dieting for my goal to loose weight for xmas - now we are in the middle of November and its not happening!! lol

When I was pregnant I lost 2 stone due to sickness and literally couldn't eat anything at all - I vowed never to put that weight back on and here I am literally not been able to stop eating - the thing is tho I'm not really a comfort eater, and its not because I'm at home that I'm eating - I'm literally starving hungry to the point where I can't function unless I eat!

I do admit I have a sweet tooth and my partner doesn't really help much with my eating lol - always pass the blame - but for example if I see him eating sweet stuff then I want some too!

We are also on quite a budget with food and I do try and cook as much fresh stuff as I can.

So I was just wondering what diets you are on or have done previously and succeeded?? what exercising do you do and how do you fit it in??? and most importantly what's your motivation????

Ahhh this could have been me writing this post! Sorry I don't have any tips but I will be interested to hear what others say...

I lost quite a bit on Weight Watchers up till I got pregnant - I just did it online as I wasn't brave enough to go to a meeting! I still - somewhere - have a list of points that I keep meaning to hunt out but I don't know if I would still be allowed the same number of points per day as I was on before or if that will have changed. I can't afford to do WW again just now as we're on a tight budget.

I have also done Slimfast in the past and lost quite a bit on that but I don't know if that would give me the energy I need to look after LO!

I really really want to lose some weight - I always feel like the fat sister at Christmas and I don't want that any more :( I'm always so miserable on all the photos. I'm not huge huge but I'm bigger than I want to be.

xxxx

haha I am the fat sister!! :haha:

The rest of my family are a size 10 and i've been blessed with the fat gene! I'm bordering on a size 16 but would be happy with a size 12-14 - this is what I used to be many moons ago, and when I look at pictures this is when I looked happier!

haha I am the fat sister!! :haha:

The rest of my family are a size 10 and i've been blessed with the fat gene! I'm bordering on a size 16 but would be happy with a size 12-14 - this is what I used to be many moons ago, and when I look at pictures this is when I looked happier!

Me too, me too! My mum - size 6-8, weighs 7 stones. My brother, skinny. My sister-in-law - size 10-12 post baby. Me - bordering on a 16. I've got so much worse since I got married - DH is always eating sweet stuff and it's so much harder when you are living with someone like that.

I really struggle to get the motivation. I keep buying fruit with great intentions and it sits in the fruit bowl for a week then goes in the bin :( Why do biscuits etc seem so much quicker, easier and generally more appealing?!!!

I don't want Sophie to have a fat mummy. I thought I was fat on our wedding day but looking at the photos, I really wasn't! I'd give anything to be that size again.

I just so wish I could do something about it...I really really want to.

Are you trying any kind of diet at the moment? I'm still at the stage of "I'll start properly tomorrow" - but that really has to stop! Been quite good today so far but I need a proper plan to follow that doesn't cost a fortune!

Oh and I feel so self conscious now that I don't like having my photo taken with Sophie but I don't want to not have any photos of her and me together. I dread to think how big I'd be now if I'd gone full term with Sophie :(

I'm exactly the same!! last night the diet started today - so I've ate chocolate, cheese on toast - this included extra cheese while I was waiting for it to cook!! lol, and biscuits for tonight with my cup of tea!!

suppose it will have to start tomorrow now..

I've done weight watchers online before, and joined closer diets online and other random sites - but the thing is it gets awkward when the OH doesn't want what I want for tea (the healthy option) and its not convenient to cook two meals or cost worthy too! so we just normally end up having something we both like - fair enough our meals aren't that unhealthy - no fat frying, all oven cooked and home made fresh when possible!

As for the fruit there are two bags of oranges in our fridge that I brought with the intention of them replacing my chocolate 3-4 weeks ago!! lol

Fruit isn't nice in the winter though!! whats nice is a cup of tea and some biscuits!! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->