what's your method?

Amour

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I'm having a lot of difficulties pin pointing my ovulation and knowing what to do, aside from the obvious ;-).

I'm currently not experiencing any EWCM throughout my cycle, just mainly creamy stickiness. My cycles are not x amount of days every month so the 'ovulation days' app on my bb is not that helpful as I can only insert the cycle length based on what last month's length was.

I'm not keen on OPK as they seem as though would be quite expensive and can potentially only have a short window where a position surge can be detected. I've thought about charting and getting a BBT I just worry I will do it wrong, will be difficult for me as I'm a shift worker.

These are my concerns, are they valid. School me what's your method?

My cycles are pretty regular so I know my o day within a day or two... so I pretty much just bd like crazy for 3 days before and 3 days after.... mind you I'm not pregnant yet so my method may or may not work. :)

You can buy ovulation strips online, like wondfo, they are quite a bit cheaper and work pretty well from what I understand.

How long have you been ttc? Welcome to Bnb, good luck ttc. :)

I've been charting for a couple months now, it's not difficult, though I'm sure your schedule may have some effect. The hardest part for me is trying to figure out what's happening and when I ovulate. It's easy to see after, but since I have such a small amount of CM, and I'm newly off of BC, I'm still regulating. Just hoping in a few more months, if needed, I can start to see a pattern and have an idea of when to expect ovulation. Last month I was able to almost get a positive on my OPK, like the previous poster mentioned, I used the wondfo's from Amazon. But this month, I think I ovulated sometime yesterday and I never saw a surge, will have to wait to know for sure though, obviously.

I don't chart or track anything (might be because I never have anything to do this with and when I do I am monitored at the hospital, lol) but my FS told me that my having sex every 36-48 hours you are giving yourself the best chance of falling pregnant and that all these 'tools' are unnecessary.

Not saying stop using them, just passing on information I have been given.

i started using clearblue fetility monitor i think that would pin point ov for u. depending on how long cycles u get. u test your fmi on the mornings the monitor asks you to.

hi I use opk and check cm. if your not producing enough research what to take to make more as man juice to put it politely needs cm to survive. I take primrose oil which helps but you cant take after you have ovulated only in first part of cycle. I also drink a lot of milk which reduces acid in cm. Acidy cm can kill his little swimmers. I take omega 3 and so does husband as it makes his swimmers swim better. I also chart temp. Might sound a lot but its in my routine now

I used opk this month for the first time (amazon - like $9 for 50?) and was happily surprised at how easy they were - even though I was horrible with them. I tried to take them every day same time - but I'd forget or not be home, etc. When I thought I was close (based on days and ap) I tested two times a day (a pain at the office - but I just hid in the stall :) ) and I ended up with 3 positives (one ALMOST positive at night, one positive in the morning and one positive in the evening) I have yet to re test today to see how long my surge lasts. But I really think most woman get a surge for at least 12 - 24 hours.

I too have lower CM most months - but thats likely due to my use of antihistamines for allergies. I'm hoping that since I tend to.. "lube up" naturally when I'm ready to baby dance that I have enough in there for my guys swimmers. (everything on this board is TMI so there you have it :) )

So much of it I think i just finding what works for you - I'm letting myself be super excited / hopeful this month - if it doesn't take then I'll deal with it then.. but good vibes and thoughts right??

I check CP as well as CM. I find CP more reliable. I also use OPKs when I know I'm getting closer to Ov.

Temping only helps you know when you have ovulated not that you are going to. I temp so I can confirm ovulation and monitor my luteal phase. My LP is short after taking BCP.

Ok, when everyone says 'charting' does that mean putting all your info into a chart on fertility friend or somewhere like that? does charting mean recording cm, temp and things and put it all together?

I try to do opks but never seem to get a positive. I recently had my ov confirmed by a day 21 progesterone test tho, so I must ovulate. I just count back 14 days from the end of my cycle to guess ov day, try to opk too.. :shrug: not too reliable but i wake at such different times each day I dont think temping would be reliable..

Charting is basically temping. You don't have to check cm\CP and do OPKs but it can help.

Which OPKs do you use? Do they ever get any darker? I have a short LH surge so when see second line getting darker I do 2-3 times a day and try to hold urine as long as possible.

Do you check CM/CP. I start with OPKs when I notice fertile signs, or from cd10 whichever comes first.

Temping really does need to be within an hour limit. The odd temp won't matter. It maybe worth trying for one cycle just to see when you are ovulating. I set an alarm to take it at the same time daily then fall back to sleep.

Yeah I wouldnt want alarm to wake up oh and he'd wonder what on earth i was doing! Iv never seen an opk get really dark on the clear and simple dipstick ones, the superdrug ones are always positive for me it seems, really odd.. i just hope when i even see 2 lines at all!!

Amour - I never seem to get ewm either :( sucks

How long are your cycles normally? I just explained to DH that it was important to temp to learn what was wrong with my cycle. I set a 'nice' alarm on my mobile, doesn't really wake DH then take temp and use brightness if phone light to read temp then fall back to sleep.

Not sure what's going on with your OPKs, have to spoken to your doctor?

If your cycles are irregular I suggest you try vitex (Agnus castus). It works on the pituitary to help regulate hormones. It's best in tincture form.

Hey ladies

I'm having a lot of difficulties pin pointing my ovulation and knowing what to do, aside from the obvious ;-).

I'm currently not experiencing any EWCM throughout my cycle, just mainly creamy stickiness. My cycles are not x amount of days every month so the 'ovulation days' app on my bb is not that helpful as I can only insert the cycle length based on what last month's length was.

I'm not keen on OPK as they seem as though would be quite expensive and can potentially only have a short window where a position surge can be detected. I've thought about charting and getting a BBT I just worry I will do it wrong, will be difficult for me as I'm a shift worker.

These are my concerns, are they valid. School me what's your method?

i havent read the other responses yet but if you can get clearblue digital ovulation kit £40 and from day 10 after day one of your last period test morning and evening until day 16 or until you get a smikey face. when you do get smiley face try that evening and the next morning and evening. use preseed and afterwards lay on your back for 19-15 mins with pillow under your hip. take folic acid as soon as you start ttc x

Sorry i meant starting from the first day of your period (day one) count 10 days

What haven't I tried???

My method is as follows:
*temping/charting on FF
*Using a Clearblue Fertility Monitor (for FMU)
*Using OPK's in afternoon/evening
*Using Preseed
*Using softcups

I'm on cycle #4 since my missed miscarriage in July. So far, nada.

I just rely on the OPKs. My cycle is about 36 days & I ov around cd18. I find the OPKs very useful - it's nice to know you're timing the :sex: right. I didn't even realise you can get them online so thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->