whats your thoughts on having 2 middle names

catty

Reaction score
Basically were really struggling with our baby boys name and now we only have 4 weeks until the due date i really want a name in mind.

My partner loves the name Hunter (which would be very unusual where we live)
and i like Logan or Lucas

today we decided Logan could be the name however id still like my partner to get to use his name too so thought Logan Hunter.

But... wed always said we would use his dads name as a middle name which is James.

Is Logan Hunter James Findlay

or

Logan James Hunter Findlay too much?

I am happy with it but worry it will be alot for him to write

I think if your happy with it then go for it. I only ever use my own middle name on official documents so he won't always need to write out his full name if he doesn't want to xx.

Ps: I love the name Logan!

Thanks! I dont have a middle name neither does my partner and actually now i think of it alot of my friends dont either, so im just not sure if 2 is alot and not sure it flows smoothly but il never be using his middle names except passport etc. Think it would just be nice for him to get his name choice too

Two of my children have two middle names. I think they sound ok, and like pp said, he wont use his middle names everyday, it will mainly just be on documentation :shrug:. I love Logan too :flower:

ps: I would go with Logan Hunter James, I think it flows better than Logan James Hunter.

I prefer 1 but 2 isn't ridiculous (I went to school with a girl who had 8, that was weird)

I prefer one middle name to two personally, but it's your child so do what you want? I dont think it will have that much bearing on his life really.

My husband and I both have two middle names, plus we have a double-barreled last name, so we've actually both got 5 names in total - out son will also have two middle names and our last name, so he'll also have 5.
I have always had 5 names and never had any problems with it - it actually gives you a lot more to choose from if you ever want a pseudonym for something :)

We have talked about it lots and think Logan James Findlay flows nicely and we might keep Hunter if we were to have another boy. I hope we dont change our mind again its so hard to choose!!!

My little boy has two middle names because theyre after 2 family members who had died, one I always wanted to use and was nearly his first name and the second was my OHs grandad who died while I was pregnant, so he's Jacob Zach Patrick Byrne.
I love your names and prefer it Logan Hunter James Findlay :)

I have two middle names. If you want two, have two. My LO only has one, but we didn't really like that many names for girls, her middle name is after my friend.

DS 1 has two middle names - It flows better that way. DS 2 will only have 1. He doesn't need two with the names we've chosen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->