Wheelie Bin Thieves??!!

somebody stole our recycling bin a couple of months ago, the mind boggles :wacko:

Yeah that happened to us once, but I found it round the corner. What would possess someone to touch a manky old bin if you didn't have to :wacko:

Omg I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by this. In my old house the neighbours used to take our bin instead of theirs as ours was brand new and theirs was manky. I used to go and take it back and leave theirs right outside their door. My fella used to say I was petty, but it was a matter of principle that mine was nice and they kept stealing it! xxx

Omg I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by this. In my old house the neighbours used to take our bin instead of theirs as ours was brand new and theirs was manky. I used to go and take it back and leave theirs right outside their door. My fella used to say I was petty, but it was a matter of principle that mine was nice and they kept stealing it! xxx

This is what I think too.

V xxx

I can't believe how many people have had it stolen! I thought we were an odd one out :haha: there must be some sort of lucrative black market for stolen bins somewhere or underground fetish that we're not aware of!

Our recycling bins have been stolen and are yet to be replaced despite several emails and phone calls to the council! It really pee's me off because I want to recycle but can't! I feel terrible shoving all my waste into just one bin. :(

Our recycling bins have been stolen and are yet to be replaced despite several emails and phone calls to the council! It really pee's me off because I want to recycle but can't! I feel terrible shoving all my waste into just one bin. :(

just use a regular plastic box, its what we use for recycling now and there haven't been any problems :flower:

We only have one plastic box, a blue one too, I told DF it would be ideal but he won't let me use it because he keeps all his dirty socks in there.:dohh: I would just put them somewhere else but he has about 100 pairs so there's not much space for them elsewhere.

I moved in to my current house in March and our bin got stolen after a couple of weeks. Where I live the kids steal them and set them on fire, melted plastic dotted round lol.

We called the council and was told it would be £10 to get a new one. My OH asked if we could get a free green one and paint it black :haha: He then that night went out and stole someone else's bin cos he refused to pay £10 :dohh:

This kept happening in our place too. Annoying when they say you have to pay £50 a time to get a new one.

Maybe it's the local councils stealing them so people have to pay the fine :-k :winkwink:

We only have one plastic box, a blue one too, I told DF it would be ideal but he won't let me use it because he keeps all his dirty socks in there.:dohh: I would just put them somewhere else but he has about 100 pairs so there's not much space for them elsewhere.

OT but could he not wash his 100 pairs of dirty socks and give you the box, then keep his dirty socks in the laundry bin?

Where we are we have to pay per lift on the bins so they all have barcoded stickers on with the address so hopefully they won't get nicked.

Ours got stolen in our old house. I saw it in the garden of somebodies house 4 doors down! Cheeky shits... It was replaced for free though because it was stolen.

In this house ours had a massive crack in the bottom so i called up and they sent us a new one. Its £10 unless you get housing benefit then its free. Nobody has stolen this one yet!

Different council to our old house though! Old one charged for garden waste, this one doesnt! Always a bonus :haha:

OT but could he not wash his 100 pairs of dirty socks and give you the box, then keep his dirty socks in the laundry bin?

No chance, it's rare if he washes something. In all fairness he's had the box years so it's technically his, probably emotionally attached to it.

Maybe it's the local councils stealing them so people have to pay the fine :-k :winkwink:

My neighbour actually come to this conclusion you know :haha:

Seriously though, she put her bin out in the morning on bin day and by the afternoon just after the bins were emptied it was gone :lol:

I do occasionally see bin lorries round here with spare weelie bins hanging off them though so it does make me wonder lol!

:edit: sorry not weelie bins hanging off them recycling bins I mean. We still have to pay for those aswell.

x

My bin dissapeared a few weeks back. It has our house number on it though so I just found it and stole it back. :D

I can't be the only one who is victim to these twats!!!

It annoys the fuck out of me.:gun:

I have been robbed again!!

I am thinking of calling the Police :rofl:

V xx

honestly you should ring the police THEFT IS THEFTand what right do these people have to take YOUR POSSESSIONS hugs to you

You mocking biatcch!!!!

:rofl:

V xx

The return of the bin thieves!!

This happened to us a couple of times here.

More often than not it's teenagers setting fire to them :wacko:

The other issue is pisstaking neighbours who empty rank bags of ashtray emptyings and other manky crap into yur recycling when it's out for collection, so it won't get collected and u have to sort it out :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->