When are they TOO old for a buggy?

I think it just depends on the child plus the distance you're walking. My son is 18 months and if we're just going on a short walk to the nearby shop then he walks. He enjoys it. However, if we're going further or if I'm needing to get a few bags of shopping then I take him in the buggy because it's easier for both of us. He'll be nearly 2 when the new baby arrives but I've still bought a double buggy as there will be times that it is definitely needed!

If I had to put an age on it then I'd say 3 but I don't think one age covers all.

x

I think it depends on the baby and mum. It might look a little 'odd' seeing an older child in a buggy, but you never know the reasons..it could be a disability or maybe they just have to walk really far!

I really try not to judge parents, do definitely when LO and mum are ready! X

I don't drive so if I am going up to town (which is a 25 minute uphill walk) then G goes in her buggy. She has to walk from playschool or round to the corner shop/park etc which aren't too far away. She is the slowest walker ever, it takes me 15 minutes max to walk to her playschool, it takes us about 35 minutes to walk back lol

For me, I think 3 will be my 'cut off'. Holly loves to walk everywhere but gets tired after about 15 minutes (but she is only tiddly with ickle tiny legs!).

We only really use the pushchair when we go on holiday, because we tend to go out for most of the day (beach, lunch, etc) and she still has a middle of the day nap - which she will do in her pushchair quite happily.

In my opinion 3 years old!!

I really cannot stand seeing children in a buggy with their feet touching the ground!

It's a difficult one as all children are different. My nephews and niece have 2 years between then and so as soon as the next baby was born they had to be out of the pushchair and there were never any problems. I was walking most places at 18 months because I wouldn't go in my pushchair but there are a lot of photos of days out where I am sitting on my dads shoulders - lol!
My middle brother was in the pushchair whilst the little one was walking because he was lazy and the little one was like me and hated the pushchair.
Each child is so different so there really isn't an answer.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"